f1 surprises again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

f1 surprises again

so that was unexpected. Lewis Hamiltons appeal gets rejected. Couldn't see that one coming.

f1 surprises again

Like all these appeals, it was pretty much untenable from the start.

Comment

f1 surprises again

Don't worry, folks, the wog won't win.

Comment

f1 surprises again

sorry Egg, but even in an ironic post modern way, your use of that word still rankled.

*and yes, I remember what you said about going to Gloucester... maybe its just me.

Comment

f1 surprises again

Well, I'm sorry if I offended you, but I do have more than a suspicion that this is the attitude of some of the powers that be in F1, especially given the alledged views of the delightful chap sitting at Ecclestone's right hand.

I'm also, I have to say, glad that the word "wog" offends you. It's good that it hasn't lost its power to appal.

Comment

f1 surprises again

Your F1 stuff regarding the likelihood of Lewis Hamilton winning this year hopefully isnt correct. Ok, they are definitely changing the rules to suit whomsoever.

BUT, the last race was an absolutely beauty, and McLaren got it wrong. (ok, it was the weather, but a cracking drive from Vettel in baby F.)

I never used to give a flying fuck about this, but I REALLY really want Hamilton to win, if only because he was flying through the buggers from 109th on the grid, and he was driving, as opposed to letting the tyres do their stuff.

(Sorry, Egg, if I gave you the hump)

Comment

f1 surprises again

I am so fed up with this attitude, there are just no words. Anyone who thinks the FIA are acting in any way prejudicial to Lewis Hamilton is an idiot, end of story.

Comment

f1 surprises again

so, enlighten a novice (me), who has only watched cos it was on TV... what did he do, that wasnt heavily highlighted in the next race, BECAUSE of the next race? all of this nipping over chicane shit, is not an argument, until its brought to your attention.

The rule NOW, is that you must yield for one more corner. Fine. What happens before that, when you have no other option, and your car is faster, and you are a better driver?

(These are the questions I am told to ask, as my friend cant type for shit)

Comment

f1 surprises again

A 'yield' is probably 10 seconds max, not 3 points in the league.

Comment

f1 surprises again

Anyone who thinks the FIA are acting in any way prejudicial to Lewis Hamilton is an idiot, end of story
                    They're not acting in a prejudicial way to Hamilton. They're acting in a prejudicial way to anyone but Ferrari. And anyone who doesn't agree fucks chickens.

Comment

f1 surprises again

yes gerent...the rule that you couldn't pass in the corner after you cut a chicane only came in after Spa and before Monza in response to the Hamilton incident. Before then the rule was no driver can gain track advantage from cutting the track. There was no next corner rule and so long as Hamilton wasn't hugely closer (he was trying to overtake when he cut the chicane so he wasn't a long way behind) then he should have been fine. at Monza it was daft to hear about the new rule all the time as there is only about 8 corners on the track so anyone with a slight over ambitious entry to a corner (not hard when racing) couldn't even attempt an overtake for a sizeable portion of track.

Comment

f1 surprises again

The rule has always been that you must not gain an advantage by cutting a chicane. It has never been the case that merely allowing the car you passed to retake the lead is enough - all Hamilton did was let Raikkonen overtake, slow down into his slipstream and in the same movement swoop and overtake the other side.

At the very least, you are expected to drop back at least 1-2 car lengths before you attempt to overtake, Hamilton was no more than three feet behind Raikkonen, before he tried overtaking again. The current drivers are made fully aware of the rules before each race.

All the other current drivers (some who will be in favour of Hamilton and/or McLaren, some who won't) said that the penalty was correct. John Watson doesn't even understand why McLaren were allowed to appeal.

Just because ITV's commentator's didn't know the rules, doesn't mean the rules are wrong, or don't exist.

Comment

f1 surprises again

The rule has always been that you must not gain an advantage by cutting a chicane
                          And he didn't. They went into the chicane with Hamilton alongside, perhaps 3 feet behind and more importantly on the racing line and after the chicane dropped behind him. To not gain an advantage all he needed to do according to the rules was drop back to his original position. He did more than that.
                          Lets not forget eiher that Raikonnen did on a chicane something that on a walled corner he'd be hammered for and thats force a driver on the racing line and wheel to wheel off of the track completely.
                          If anyone was at fault it was Raikonnen.

Comment

Working...
                          X