• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guy Profumo
    started a topic County Cricket, 2019

County Cricket, 2019

Has the world gone mad?

Yorkshire playing in York, Notts a full county match at Welbeck, Hants playing in the IoW!

outgrounds R us!

• longeared
    replied
    Yorkshire manage the opposite of being hit amidships. Oh and we defended 147 despite the first Durham wicket getting almost half way to the target...

https://twitter.com/DurhamCricket/status/1164984616429719553

Leave a comment:

• Ray de Galles
    replied
    Originally posted by pebblethefish View Post
    Has anyone met a real person, in real life, who has ANYTHING good to say about the Hundred?
    Coincidentally, I've just seen my first positive comment regarding The Hundred from someone without an interest in It. It was from a Surrey fan who was looking forward to The Oval hosting the final on a ticket-hunting group I'm in on Facebook. A lot of the people there are "big event" junkies rather than sports fans per se which is probably the target audience.

I pointed out out that the whole farce was cricket's Brexit.

Leave a comment:

• ursus arctos
    replied
    Both the ECB and Cricinfo now have Somerset on 186, or 16 points more than they had yesterday, so I am guessing that the tables included first inning points at the end of that innings.

Leave a comment:

• pebblethefish
    replied
    Has anyone met a real person, in real life, who has ANYTHING good to say about the Hundred?

Leave a comment:

• E10 Rifle
    replied
    This is one of the many ways in which I hope the whole misadventure comes unstuck

Leave a comment:

• Rogin the Armchair fan
    replied
    Last game of the season is Somerset v Essex.

Leave a comment:

• Gangster Octopus
    replied
    Quite.

Leave a comment:

• ad hoc
    replied
    Originally posted by E10 Rifle View Post
    Even though I'm an Essex fan, really want Somerset to win this. In the last year before the Hundred, to have us and Somerset a distance out in front would feel particularly sweet
    You should not assume that fans of counties that host a side in the Hundred are in some way in favour. (a) because it;s a fucking stupid idea, and (b) because it's not county related, but city. While I could get behind a Yorkshire who played nearly all their matches in Leeds, I'm fucked if I'm supporting a team called Leeds

Leave a comment:

• ursus arctos
    replied
    I have never been able to get a firm grasp on the points system.

Leave a comment:

• E10 Rifle
    replied
    Even though I'm an Essex fan, really want Somerset to win this. In the last year before the Hundred, to have us and Somerset a distance out in front would feel particularly sweet

Leave a comment:

• Etienne
    replied
    It's only 5 bonus points for Somerset, plus 16 if they win.

Leave a comment:

• ursus arctos
    replied
    I am desperately afraid that this will jinx them, but is it 22 points if Somerset win (16 plus 3 batting plus 3 bowling)?

Leave a comment:

• Kevin S
    replied
    Originally posted by ad hoc View Post

Cricinfo's live table has Somerset on 170 points, so i guess that's their total prior to whatever they pick up for the result
    Cheers. It's annoying that they don't just tell you!

Leave a comment:

• Etienne
    replied
    Thought when Banton went that made Warks favourites, but Bess has gone off nicely.

Leave a comment:

• ad hoc
    replied
    Originally posted by Kevin S View Post
    1 Essex 11 8 1 2 0 20 30 188
    2 Somerset 10 7 2 1 0 21 27 165
    3 Yorkshire 11 5 2 4 0 20 31 151
    I think the BBC put the batting and bowling points in once they are earned, i.e. Somerset's should be included in the above.

So if they lose to Warks then Yorkshire have closed the gap to 14 points to second. Somerset would get 5 for a draw, 16 for a win and (I suppose it's still on the table) 8 for a tie.
    Cricinfo's live table has Somerset on 170 points, so i guess that's their total prior to whatever they pick up for the result

Leave a comment:

• Kevin S
    replied
    Fourth wicket goes, Babar Azam, Somerset now 139/4 and 119 more needed. The Azam-Banton partnership had looked unbeatable but Garrett gets the breakthrough with an lbw.

Leave a comment:

• Kevin S
    replied
    1 Essex 11 8 1 2 0 20 30 188
    2 Somerset 10 7 2 1 0 21 27 165
    3 Yorkshire 11 5 2 4 0 20 31 151
    I think the BBC put the batting and bowling points in once they are earned, i.e. Somerset's should be included in the above.

So if they lose to Warks then Yorkshire have closed the gap to 14 points to second. Somerset would get 5 for a draw, 16 for a win and (I suppose it's still on the table) 8 for a tie.

Leave a comment:

• ad hoc
    replied
    Two wickets in two balls finishes off Notts

Leave a comment:

• Kevin S
    replied
    And here's the stream:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cqL9_zs-Mxo

Leave a comment:

• Kevin S
    replied
    Not quite - two more needed at lunch.

Somerset are 89/3 and need another 169.

Leave a comment:

• pebblethefish
    replied
    To be honest, the way Notts are playing this season, it'll be all over by lunchtime.

Leave a comment:

• Kevin S
    replied
    Somerset will start the final day on 8/0 at Warks, needing another 250 to win.

Yorkshire are six wickets away from beating Notts.

Leave a comment:

• Kevin S
    replied
    Fantastic, almost unbelievable, day's play and comeback.

Leave a comment:

• Etienne
    replied
    Well, not really. Stevens seemed to have Wheater LBW but it wasn't given. But Wheater immediately after like he'd been grievously injured somehow. He's looking OK since.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X