No announcement yet.

County Cricket, 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A classic example at York CC how to manage and organise county cricket at an outground

A little bit chaotic on Monday, but not overly so, better organised yesterday and today, albeit with smaller crowds.

And the groundstaff pulled up trees to get an 11:30 start on Monday, and a midday one today.

Comment

I'd expected an enthralling Day Four but Warwickshire are progressing towards an emphatic victory.

Comment

James Anderson ending with match figures of 9 - 47 in Lancashire's win against Derbyshire yesterday. He sits top of the division bowling averages with 28 wickets at 8.6. He's bowling as well as ever despite his age. No current cricketer impresses me more.

Comment

Lancashire have told Haseeb Hameed that he will be released at the end of this season. I still think (and I suspect I'm in a minority here) that if the right county got hold of him they could still turn his career around.

Comment

A colleague of mine thinks that the ECB have destroyed him - that his absolute focus has always been to have an opening Test bat for England. Which the ECB gave him, and then almost immediately took away again. Doing that completely demotivated him.

A change of scene might do him some good but he's going to have to be shown a path from what he's doing now to getting caps again.

For Lancs it makes sense with Jennings there as well. You're not going to pick up too many batting points if you open with that pair.
            Last edited by Kevin S; 21-06-2019, 15:09.

Comment

Tom Kohler-Cadmore (Yorks) and Joe Clarke (Notts) charged by the ECB of bringing the game into disrepute over their membership of a WhatsApp group mentioned in the trial and subaequent conviction for rape of Alex Hepburn (Worcs)

(nb. There is no suggestion of criminal behaviour by either Kohler-Cadmore or Clarke.)

Comment

This is the first time I've seen Warks live in probably 30 years surprised at how much I want them to do well.

Comment

Surrey 8/1 after 2.1 overs

Comment

Hannon-Dalby starting well 3-3-0-1

Comment

Surrey 194 all out with extras top scoring with 40.

Comment

A pigeon just paid the ultimate price on a Rhodes cut through the covers.

Comment

I don't understand. Why are we off for bad light when the floodlights are on? If floodlights can't be used why were they turned on?

Comment

Aaron Beard doing the damage to Somerset so far. The Championship leaders are 96 for 6 after Essex scored 216 in their first innings.

Beard 5-1-23-4

Comment

Somerset up the scoring rate though, moving on to 113/6.

Comment

Porter gets Gregory caught by Harmer in the slips. Somerset 119/7.

Comment

Get in! Siddle, who has been wayward so far, gets Bartlett lbw with a full one.

Comment

Nine - Jove gone, 128/9.

Comment

Porter bowls Brooks and Somerset are all out for 131. Essex with start their second innings with a lead of 85.

Comment

Boo.

(No horse in this race But I so do want Somerset to win at last.)

Comment

They'll still be in the box seat even if Essex win this one. Essex only earned one more batting point than Somerset in the first innings so would narrow the gap (currently 30 points) by 17 points with a win, i.e. Somerset would still be 13 point ahead in the table.

And besides, a race is far more interesting than a procession, isn't it?

Comment

Given Somerset's history in this competition, a box seat is about as close to the title as a perch inside the scoreboard

Comment

Remind me someone of the other counties never to win the Championship.

Comment

Gloucestershire and Northamptonshire.

Comment

Ta

Comment

Although now I seem to remember that Gloucestershire won some unofficial ones.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X