No announcement yet.

County Cricket, 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vince and Dawson refused permission by the ICC to play in Saturday’s 50 over final. Hard to see whose interests this is in, other than Somerset’s I suppose. Rahane will replace Vince I guess, and possibly a big chance for young Brad Taylor.

Comment

Surrey setting Kent an ambitious total to chase.

Comment

Been busy the last couple of days but here's a summary of this latest round of matches:
        https://www.ecb.co.uk/news/1225141/b...hampionship+19

Comment

Oh dear, "the Hundred" is at it again

Comment

Do any of them have any basis in anything to do with their locale?

I guess London Spirit might be London Dry Gin.

Welsh Fire something to do with dragons?

Nottingham's not *that* far from the National Space Center so perhaps that's why they're the rockets. Although given that it's in Leicester I'm not sure this works.

Comment

The World League of American Football would have been ashamed of these.

Comment

The Hundred thread...

Comment

Oops

Comment

Originally posted by San Bernardhinault View Post

I guess London Spirit might be London Dry Gin.
                    i took it to be a 'Spirit of Cricket' reference, with the MCC seeing themselves as the guardians of that.

Comment

Final day thriller on the cards at Chelmsford.

What do you mean, 'There's a world cup on?'

Comment

As against Gloucestershire, Glamorgan only bothered starting to play after the first innings was over.

Comment

Essex declare.

Kent need 338 and Essex need 10 wickets. If the weather holds, we should get 92 more overs in today giving Kent an asking rate of 3.7. So far we've had run rates of 3.08 (ESS 1st), 2.06 (KEN 1st) and 3.26 (ESS 2nd), which suggests Kent will probably keep an eye on wickets rather than runs, but you never know.
                          Last edited by Kevin S; 30-05-2019, 10:29.

Comment

Denly goes - Kent's second wicket - and that feels crucial at this point in the match. I was thinking at 50/1 Kent were looking in a reasonable position. If they were to get to 150ish for 3 with around 40 overs left to get the last 188 you could see them upping the run rate and trying to get the win. But Denly going changes things.

Comment

And as I type that the third wicket falls, Siddle bowling and Harmer takes the catch. It's 51/3 and hopefully now a matter of time for Essex to get the other seven.

Comment

Warks declare, right after a Batty hat-trick. Surrey need 272 to win and are 21/0 chasing it.

Derbyshire complete a win over Leicestershire.
                                Last edited by Kevin S; 30-05-2019, 11:49.

Comment

Kent bring up the hundred, still just the three wickets taken by Essex - none falling since lunch - so a decent partnership from Bell-Drummond and Kuhn. They've had 34 overs so far so the asking rate for the remainder of the match is around 4.3, which you wouldn't fancy them to chase now, but let's see how things stand at tea.

Comment

Big wicket in Chelmsford! Kuhn pads up to Harmer and it's given lbw. I think he reckoned it was going to bounce over, but the umpire didn't hesitate to give it. Kent had been scoring reasonably quickly with him at the crease, too.

Now 135/4.

https://twitter.com/EssexCricket/status/1134093570644877312
                                    Last edited by Kevin S; 30-05-2019, 13:46.

Comment

But still Essex not really looking like breaking Kent yet. Harmer may have taken 3 wickets but after 22 overs he is probably in need of a bit of a break, and Essex have good options in the occasional bowlers.

Comment

Timed that post to perfection. Harmer gets another wicket!

Comment

Yes! Little Chef gets one onto Mulder's edge and Kent are six down. Essex getting there now.

Comment

Kent, wounded, go aggressive. Harmer is hit for a four and a six on the last balls before tea! They're up to 188/6, so need 150 more with four wickets remaining.

Great balance to today's play.

Comment

Fucking hell, Stevens is really going for this. Kent now 202/6,

Comment

Stevens is caught by Dan Lawrence! Harmer has a fifer and Essex are just three away now.

Comment

And that's the win! Back to back home victories sees Essex up to third as things stand. Key match at Headingley starting on Monday.

Comment

Whereas today's game at Headingly's fading away...

Comment

Working...
                                                    X