No announcement yet.

County Cricket, 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lord's is bollocks. More expensive even than Oval. Full bag search and frisk on entry. Not all the ground is open.

Separately from that. I'm still annoyed by people (teammates) who shout catch it. Sussex have lovely jumpers with a big county logo where a sponsor would be on a football shirt. The pitch is waaaay over to one side, I can't be more than 40m from the wicket.

Comment

Nick Gubbins, now there's a name.

Comment

Nationalise the MCC

Comment

Middlesex 101-7 everything caught by slips or keeper.

Comment

Shout out to Essex's Will Buttleman for some fine Proper Cricket in the shape of a 37 ball duck at Headingley today.

Comment

Hopefully in the second innings tomorrow he can manage another of those to help see out the draw...

Comment

Glamorgan briefly top of Division 2 today.

Comment

Somerset have beaten Surrey at Guildford to go top of Division 1. The defending champions are still winless, five matches in, and Somerset are going to take some stopping this year.

Comment

Yorkshire are going along at under 2 an over against Essex. The lead is 100 at lunch.

Comment

Rain at Headlingley - they're taking tea. Should seal the draw and there's never a bad away draw in the Championship.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin S View Post
                        Somerset have beaten Surrey at Guildford to go top of Division 1. The defending champions are still winless, five matches in, and Somerset are going to take some stopping this year.
                        Still not top, though.

Comment

Originally posted by Sporting View Post

Still not top, though.
                          Yes they are, Somerset are on 96 points and Hampshire are on 81.

Comment

Ah...I must have seen an un-updated table. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin S View Post
                              Back to back matches at Woodbridge Road?

Comment

What in the name of Holy fuck is going on at Notts?

Comment

They've run out of good batsmen to poach?

Comment

I went to Mill Hill to watch the second of Sussex's two home games (in North London) in the Twenty20 Div 1 competiton yesterday. It was a lovely spot when I found it. Not a great performance by Sussex against Hampshire. In the field they bowled to leg too often without a field set for that and then they started off their run chase with two maidens and were never in it after that.

The lack of information is terrible. Sussex have no information on their webpage and the official competition site appears to be http://ecbwcountychampionship.play-cricket.com and is a nightmare to navigate.

It was a nice couple of hours out though before the rain came.

Comment

What a ball

https://twitter.com/lancscricket/status/1138043739459506178

Comment

Originally posted by Levin View Post
                                        I went to Mill Hill to watch the second of Sussex's two home games (in North London) in the Twenty20 Div 1 competiton yesterday. It was a lovely spot when I found it. Not a great performance by Sussex against Hampshire. In the field they bowled to leg too often without a field set for that and then they started off their run chase with two maidens and were never in it after that.

The lack of information is terrible. Sussex have no information on their webpage and the official competition site appears to be http://ecbwcountychampionship.play-cricket.com and is a nightmare to navigate.

It was a nice couple of hours out though before the rain came.

?

Comment

Women. I forgot to mention it was Sussex Women.

Comment

Leicestershire's new regime have clearly hit the ground running - at 12.11pm today they sent an email inviting me to book my Christmas party at Grace Road.

Comment

Originally posted by Levin View Post
                                              Women. I forgot to mention it was Sussex Women.
                                              Yeah.

But are you sure it wasn't Middlesex?

Comment

Middlesex did play one game (v Sussex) and then Sussex played Hampshire. It's ridiculous I know but both were Sussex home games.

Comment

Meanwhile, has New Road been flooded yet?

Comment

More rain today please. The few overs that they did manage at Guildford have gone exceptionally badly.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X