Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quite.

Comment

Last game of the season is Somerset v Essex.

Comment

This is one of the many ways in which I hope the whole misadventure comes unstuck

Comment

Has anyone met a real person, in real life, who has ANYTHING good to say about the Hundred?

Comment

Both the ECB and Cricinfo now have Somerset on 186, or 16 points more than they had yesterday, so I am guessing that the tables included first inning points at the end of that innings.

Comment

Originally posted by pebblethefish View Post
              Has anyone met a real person, in real life, who has ANYTHING good to say about the Hundred?
              Coincidentally, I've just seen my first positive comment regarding The Hundred from someone without an interest in It. It was from a Surrey fan who was looking forward to The Oval hosting the final on a ticket-hunting group I'm in on Facebook. A lot of the people there are "big event" junkies rather than sports fans per se which is probably the target audience.

I pointed out out that the whole farce was cricket's Brexit.

Comment

Yorkshire manage the opposite of being hit amidships. Oh and we defended 147 despite the first Durham wicket getting almost half way to the target...

https://twitter.com/DurhamCricket/status/1164984616429719553

Comment

Does Middlesex sell those white cricket sweater vests?
                  Or are they a pain the arse to find (being that I can't find on the website and can only find one from 1955 on eBay?)

(Was born and raised in Middlesex County, New Jersey, that's why.)

Comment

And Yorkshire?

That was bloody rubbish in the second half of the innings yesterday.

Both with the ball and particularly the bat

Comment

And while we're on the B-100 thing, 13,700 at TB yesterday.

How many more than that do the ECB will turn up at their farce of a competition?

Comment

Originally posted by jason voorhees View Post
                        Does Middlesex sell those white cricket sweater vests?
                        Or are they a pain the arse to find (being that I can't find on the website and can only find one from 1955 on eBay?)

(Was born and raised in Middlesex County, New Jersey, that's why.)
                        No they don't appear to. Weirdly, Lords has a better selection of Middlesex merchandise. It looks like they only sell the shirts rather than the jumpers (in all formats). Counties are pretty hit and miss when it comes to merchandise, Surrey are probably one of the better counties while, for example, Warks' club tie is polyester.

There is also a real lack of aesthetic appeal to a lot of the county stuff which takes some work when you look at some of the symbols they're working with. Kent's traditional emblem is a horse on it's hind legs but they put it in a really ugly shield on everything, or replace it with a bloody spitfire.

I'm very tempted by a Pakistan cap https://ajfordham.com/shop/pakistan/...s-edition-cap/ but I'm not sure if wear it enough.

Comment

Surrey v Essex in the Blast, don't think that it'll be as insane as the match in Chelmsford was.

https://youtu.be/IiFwgmjsRxI

Comment

170 odd seems to be a decent total at The Oval. Essex need a couple of high scoring overs to get there.

Comment

186/4 at the end, absolutely thunderous batting from Ravi Bopara at the death.

Comment

Big wicket there, the fifth, as Jacks is caught in the 11th over. That was looking a match-winning partnership with Pope.

Comment

Six to go, 70 to win.

Comment

Hahaha hahaha, that was brilliant! Pope tried to play the ramp and just patted it onto his stumps!

https://twitter.com/EssexCricket/status/1167165384392359938?s=19
                                    Last edited by Kevin S; 29-08-2019, 20:33.

Comment

58 off five now, but six wickets down.

Comment

Make that seven wickets.

Comment

Eight down, forty needed off the last two.

Comment

Final wicket, final over, 31 needed.

Comment

Ten scored off the first two

Comment

Then two dot balls seals the win for Essex

Edit, and it is finished off with Porter getting Clark caught and bowled.
                                                Last edited by Kevin S; 29-08-2019, 20:21.

Comment

And with that win, Essex keep their hopes of a place in the quarter finals alive.

https://twitter.com/bbctms/status/1167184335851675654?s=19

Comment

Somerset scored 226 against Middlesex at Taunton today and must have been feeling quite confident. Middlesex chased it down with 18 balls to spare.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X