Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Essex knocking the runs off easily now

Comment

In Division 2 Lancashire beat second placed Glamorgan by an innings and 150 to stretch their lead at the top. Dane Vilas's 266 the big feature of Lancs's innings.

Comment

Ooh, mini collapse from Essex

Comment

Four down, still not halfway to the total.

Comment

Not sure if folk have found the stream, it's here:
            https://youtu.be/dn2eZp9Bqag

Comment

What happened there? How did he injure himself? How wasn't he out?

Comment

for those of us not watching, can you provide a bit of a description?

Comment

88/6 This is going to be dead close isn;t it?

Comment

Well, not really. Stevens seemed to have Wheater LBW but it wasn't given. But Wheater immediately after like he'd been grievously injured somehow. He's looking OK since.

Comment

Fantastic, almost unbelievable, day's play and comeback.

Comment

Somerset will start the final day on 8/0 at Warks, needing another 250 to win.

Yorkshire are six wickets away from beating Notts.

Comment

To be honest, the way Notts are playing this season, it'll be all over by lunchtime.

Comment

Not quite - two more needed at lunch.

Somerset are 89/3 and need another 169.

Comment

And here's the stream:
                              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cqL9_zs-Mxo

Comment

Two wickets in two balls finishes off Notts

Comment

1 Essex 11 8 1 2 0 20 30 188
                                  2 Somerset 10 7 2 1 0 21 27 165
                                  3 Yorkshire 11 5 2 4 0 20 31 151
                                  I think the BBC put the batting and bowling points in once they are earned, i.e. Somerset's should be included in the above.

So if they lose to Warks then Yorkshire have closed the gap to 14 points to second. Somerset would get 5 for a draw, 16 for a win and (I suppose it's still on the table) 8 for a tie.

Comment

Fourth wicket goes, Babar Azam, Somerset now 139/4 and 119 more needed. The Azam-Banton partnership had looked unbeatable but Garrett gets the breakthrough with an lbw.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin S View Post
                                      1 Essex 11 8 1 2 0 20 30 188
                                      2 Somerset 10 7 2 1 0 21 27 165
                                      3 Yorkshire 11 5 2 4 0 20 31 151
                                      I think the BBC put the batting and bowling points in once they are earned, i.e. Somerset's should be included in the above.

So if they lose to Warks then Yorkshire have closed the gap to 14 points to second. Somerset would get 5 for a draw, 16 for a win and (I suppose it's still on the table) 8 for a tie.
                                      Cricinfo's live table has Somerset on 170 points, so i guess that's their total prior to whatever they pick up for the result

Comment

Thought when Banton went that made Warks favourites, but Bess has gone off nicely.

Comment

Originally posted by ad hoc View Post

Cricinfo's live table has Somerset on 170 points, so i guess that's their total prior to whatever they pick up for the result
                                          Cheers. It's annoying that they don't just tell you!

Comment

I am desperately afraid that this will jinx them, but is it 22 points if Somerset win (16 plus 3 batting plus 3 bowling)?

Comment

It's only 5 bonus points for Somerset, plus 16 if they win.

Comment

Even though I'm an Essex fan, really want Somerset to win this. In the last year before the Hundred, to have us and Somerset a distance out in front would feel particularly sweet

Comment

I have never been able to get a firm grasp on the points system.

Comment

Originally posted by E10 Rifle View Post
                                                    Even though I'm an Essex fan, really want Somerset to win this. In the last year before the Hundred, to have us and Somerset a distance out in front would feel particularly sweet
                                                    You should not assume that fans of counties that host a side in the Hundred are in some way in favour. (a) because it;s a fucking stupid idea, and (b) because it's not county related, but city. While I could get behind a Yorkshire who played nearly all their matches in Leeds, I'm fucked if I'm supporting a team called Leeds

Comment

Working...
                                                    X