Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paul S
    replied
    Something rotten in the pitch at Canterbury?!

Leave a comment:

• Kevin S
    replied
    9 for 5!

Leave a comment:

• Kevin S
    replied
    Mind you, despite this start to the bowling, Kent's lead of 120 already looks intimidating.

Amir to start his fourth over. Figures of 3-2-1-2.

Leave a comment:

• Kevin S
    replied
    Oh yes! S Cook gets the other opener lbw as well. Crawley is gone, Kent are 7/4 and reeling.

Leave a comment:

• Kevin S
    replied
    7 for 3 now. Carnage at Canterbury.

Leave a comment:

• Kevin S
    replied
    Boof! Little Chef traps Dickson with the first ball of the second over. Kent are 0 for 1.

Leave a comment:

• ad hoc
    replied
    To think Yorkshire were 13/4 in their first innings. It's a very impressive turn around. (Though it may also give an indication why Notts are rock bottom of the table)

Leave a comment:

• Kevin S
    replied
    Essex have had a shocker. Lunch on day 3 and Kent are going to start their second innings with a lead of 112.
    Meanwhile Somerset are 156 runs behind at Warwickshire with 3 first innings wickets remaining.

Yorkshire look set to pick up a win, so could be getting themselves right back into contention for the Championship.
    Last edited by Kevin S; 20-08-2019, 13:02.

Leave a comment:

• Kevin S
    replied
    Originally posted by Guy Profumo View Post
    And woman on the pavilion balcony just showered by broken tiles after a six was smacked onto the roof.
    Bloody hell. Was she hurt?

Leave a comment:

• Kevin S
    replied
    Off for rain at the Spitfire Ground, Kent 211/9.

Leave a comment:

• Guy Profumo
    replied
    And woman on the pavilion balcony just showered by broken tiles after a six was smacked onto the roof.

Leave a comment:

• Kevin S
    replied
    The Kent-Essex match doesn't have commentary on the stream but (as funnily enough they've just mentioned) there is radio and online commentary from the BBC.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ihRTm-Kugac
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/cricket/49308596

Leave a comment:

• Levin
    replied
    I do like how Morkel's run up begins with him facing away from the wicket.

Even if he's facing to receive the ball he'll turn away to do a little u turn.

Leave a comment:

• Levin
    replied
    We have play at the Oval. Organ ducked into Morkel's first ball and got a knock on his helmet for his trouble.

Leave a comment:

• Capybara
    replied
    Originally posted by Guy Profumo View Post
    Welcome to Scarbados

First fish and chips of the season, haddock, natch, we are in Yorkshire after all* and the weather set fair for four days.

* Though not the mad part around Sheffield where it's cod and referred to as "chips and fish"
    Grief. Just seen the score.

Leave a comment:

• Levin
    replied
    Yorkshire gets all the best weather.

I've got steady rain in South London. It feels like a warm autumn day.

Leave a comment:

• Guy Profumo
    replied
    Welcome to Scarbados

First fish and chips of the season, haddock, natch, we are in Yorkshire after all* and the weather set fair for four days.

* Though not the mad part around Sheffield where it's cod and referred to as "chips and fish"

Leave a comment:

• Levin
    replied
    It's back!

Surrey v Hampshire for me on Sunday I think.

Leave a comment:

• Ray de Galles
    replied
    Originally posted by Kevin S View Post

um, it's now 44...
    Yes, I surmised that much on twitter later yesterday evening.

The BBC this morning says it's the third lowest T20 total ever. Not sure if that's domestic and international competitions or not.

Leave a comment:

• Kevin S
    replied
    Log before wicket?

Tonight's schedule:

18:30
    Lancashire v Worcestershire
    Leicestershire v Durham
    Northamptonshire v Warwickshire ('Birmingham')
    Glamorgan v Middlesex
    Somerset v Hampshire

19:00
    Derbyshire v Nottinghamshire
    Kent v Essex
    Sussex v Surrey

None of these is on Sky because the first T20I of the Women's Ashes starts at 19:15 tonight as well.

Leave a comment:

• Nocturnal Submission
    replied
    Glamorgan's performance neatly summarised during the game:

Leave a comment:

• Kevin S
    replied
    Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post

I was there tonight and I've never been surrounded by people with less interest in the sport they've ostensibly come to see. Not at any other T20 game or even the hen & stag party sections of the Millennium for a Six Nations match at their worst.

Anyone know the record low score in a county T20 game, btw? Asking for a friend.
    um, it's now 44...

Leave a comment:

• Ray de Galles
    replied
    Ha ha, funnily enough my wife commented that I wasn't wearing my Glamorgan fielders hat or indeed even a badge to denote my Welshness, I'm blaming the heat.

Which is is what I'm blaming the crowd's disinterest on too, I've been to other T20 matches at The Oval where there was far more focus in the stands on matches with less incident in them (and the crowd is actually 20,000!). I think the natural tendency for the shorter format to be a piss up (especially on a Thursday night) was exacerbated by the record temperatures.

If I experience it again there though, I'll knock those matches on the head. It really was infuriating.

Leave a comment:

• Levin
    replied
    I was going to ask if the atmosphere was noticeably flat.There was just a constant hubbub of 10,000 people chatting and drinking, the crowd reactions to the game have been much better at some of the Championship games I've been to with less than 1/10th of the audience.

Also, do they not bring in the boundaries for t20?

I saw a man in a Cymru baseball cap and caught myself thinking "is that Ray?" before realising that there were probably some other Glamorgan supporters in the crowd.

Leave a comment:

• Ray de Galles
    replied
    Originally posted by Levin View Post
    I'm not sure if the amount of time people spend to get a drink is an indictment of British drinking or of the ovals inability to have enough bars.
    I was there tonight and I've never been surrounded by people with less interest in the sport they've ostensibly come to see. Not at any other T20 game or even the hen & stag party sections of the Millennium for a Six Nations match at their worst.

Anyone know the record low score in a county T20 game, btw? Asking for a friend.
    Last edited by Ray de Galles; 25-07-2019, 21:38.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X