Where's the goddamn chess thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where's the goddamn chess thread

I'm loving this match. Two young, approachable but fallible players, nine draws in a row, form and preparation versus class, mistakes galore, and even an injury. I for one am gripped!

Me too. It's been great so far

Comment

All kicking off today. God, can hardly keep up, gotta be at least four moves in quick succession. A big raid by Carlsen right in Caruana's stronghold and a few pieces exchanged.

I am amused how on the Chess 24 coverage they have an analyst who appears to be sitting in a flourescent lit interrogation room.

Comment

I can’t imagine being that good at chess - or anything, really, but especially chess. I’d think it would drive one mad.

Comment

Totally. And when it comes to this level of chess, it’s on a completely different level to us mortals. Imagine a soccer game where red were hoisting ball after ball into the box for the big man, but it turned out it was all merely a ploy to launch another attack down the flanks.

Comment

Yesterday's match was a big one. Both had chances to win it, and Carlsen played much more aggressively than previously. Wonder if he will do the same in the remaining 2? The stakes are so high now - it feels like sudden death. Any non draw result finishes it more or less.

By the way, in response to the thread title, it's in the Games forum

Comment

Working...
            X