• Show
Clear All

Unrivalled weekend of SPORT?

FA Cup Semi-Finals
    Heineken Cup quarter-finals
    The Grand National
    Arsenal v Liverpool
    Bahrain Grand Prix

Sterling stuff. I'm pumped. There's at least another weekend in the calendar that throws up a similar mix, but I can't remember when it is. Any ideas?

The last time I remember the Cup semi-finals being on the weekend of my birthday was 1991. I had just started to get sucked into football (after returning to England from Australia) and those two games sealed the deal. Gascoigne's boy's own free-kick...rapture.

I'll be watching Rotherham United v Brentford. I'm not wildly excited about the prospect of watching two fourth division sides having their worst season in living memory, but needs must...

Comment

European wrestling championsjhips (women today, men on Sunday), and first round of the Finnish Cup, with Härmä playing Toip-49 in Hämeenlinna tomorrow.

Comment

Wigan sat aft, GSHC sat evening, SFC sunday aft...I might be very, very, very miserable come sunday evening...

Comment

Why are Wigan sitting at the back?

Comment

FINAL FOUR

Comment

Back in the day (which was about 1991, 1992, as I recall) you'd have the Grand National, both FA Cup Semi-Finals AND the US Masters, all on the same weekend.

Pity the Masters is a week late this year.

Comment

Working...
              X