• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thoxit.

Definitely now DITCH INEOS.

Comment

Originally posted by Janik View Post
      It would also mean Froome won a Grand Tour before Wiggins.
      Philippa York was musing on this on the Cycling News podcast, noting that it would may well have altered Sky's approach to the 2012 Tour completely, with massive implications for Wiggins' career. My sense is that she isn't a fan of Sir Bradley.

Comment

Froome is out of the hospital and Dumoulin is out of the Tour

Comment

More bad news for the UK racing scene, as Madison Genesis have announced that they will close their team down at the end of the season.

Comment

Impressive time trial by Bernal at Suisse as he keeps the yellow jersey from Dennis and will be odds on to win the title tomorrow. Heck of a ride by Lampaert to win a rather tricky stage.

Comment

Impressive but also a further example of the skittishness of those bikes.
              https://twitter.com/cyclingreporter/status/1142451746758938624?s=19

That's really bad news on Madison-Genesis, they must be just about the longest running UK UCI team?

Comment

The Pinarello TT bikes appear to be exceptionally skittish. Miscalculated margins?

Comment

He needs some anti-lock brakes on that. I am definitely not going to be buying a Pinarello any time soon - and not just because I can't afford one. I also like staying upright.

Comment

On the live broadcast, they showed a clip of Lampaert reacting in real time. He was visibly shaken.

Comment

Impressive wire to wire win by Hugh Carthy on the queen stage in Swiss (Nufenenpass, San Gottardo, Furkapass) that also gives him the KOM jersey.

Bernal wins the GC.

Comment

National Championships for a lot of places later this week and into the weekend.

In terms of the British ones:
                        Thursday’s time trials will see elite men compete over 25.9 miles, and elite women and under-23s race over 17 miles. Both races will start and finish on the royal Sandringham estate, with the under-23 and elite races taking place across the afternoon.

Sunday’s road races will both start and finish in Norwich city centre, with the men racing over 125.2 miles and the women 83.5. Both routes will head north from the city centre, via Wroxham, Cromer and Wells next the Sea, then through Holkham Hall for the men, taking in some of Norfolk’s most spectacular coastline before riders make their way back towards Norwich through Foulsham.

What do you think about the closure of Norwich city centre for these bike races? I'll be honest, I'm dead against it.

Comment

Kevin: if it is just for Sunday, then I don't really have an issue with closing off a city centre to other traffic.

Btw, a broadcast from the TT finishing line has just gone live over on the British Cycling Facebook page.

Comment

Haha, sorry MOF, that was a Partridge gag.

Comment

Ha! In my defence, I struggle to access North Norfolk Digital from Finland.

​​​I've booked some flights to the UK for the Worlds. Anyone else planning a trip to Yorkshire?

Comment

Yep. Harrogate's where I'm from and my mother lives there so it's something not to be missed.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin S View Post
                                  National Championships for a lot of places later this week and into the weekend.

In terms of the British ones:
                                  Thursday’s time trials will see elite men compete over 25.9 miles, and elite women and under-23s race over 17 miles. Both races will start and finish on the royal Sandringham estate, with the under-23 and elite races taking place across the afternoon.

Sunday’s road races will both start and finish in Norwich city centre, with the men racing over 125.2 miles and the women 83.5. Both routes will head north from the city centre, via Wroxham, Cromer and Wells next the Sea, then through Holkham Hall for the men, taking in some of Norfolk’s most spectacular coastline before riders make their way back towards Norwich through Foulsham.

What do you think about the closure of Norwich city centre for these bike races? I'll be honest, I'm dead against it.
                                  I signed up for the completely closed-road sportive being staged over (most of) the same route as the road race on Sunday, but they were unable to close the whole route in the end due to logistical issues, so it's really just another North Norfolk sportive now, and quite an expensive one. So I'm not doing it any more.

Comment

I'll be at the Worlds, current thinking is I'll go up to Harrogate for the men's time trial on Wednesday and women's road race on Saturday.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin S View Post
                                      then through Holkham Hall for the men
                                      Ooh, that sounds like an extremely technical section. Do you think the floors will be especially well polished?

Comment

Haha, yes, that sounds tricky. Quite a test for those skittish bikes.

[Self-indulgence] Here I am cycling through the Holkham Hall Estate a few years ago. Nice place for a ride. [/Self-indulgence]

Comment

Quite the result in the Belgian national ITT

Comment

Bloody hell. Did they insert a muddy field into the route?

Comment

Juraj Sagan has won the Slovakian national championships, which means Peter will be in a regular team jersey for the first time in years. Davide Formolo won the Italian race, Valverde the Spanish, Ben Swift won in Norwich. British Cycling have reversed the order of events which meant the men raced this morning and the women's race this afternoon.

Comment

France has 3km to go with about a dozen riders with a real chance

Comment

Barguil takes it on the line

Comment

20km to go in Belgium, and a small group including Evenepoel, who has been out front for a while, has seen its 30 second lead cut in half in about 3 km

Comment

Working...
                                                    X