http://fantasy.road.cc

League ID: 75488

All welcome!
    Thanks, request sent.

Leave a comment:

• Kevin S
    replied
    Originally posted by Me Old Flower View Post
    Ooof. Some ride by the Aussies in the men's Team Pursuit. World record time, beating GB by a comfortable margin.
    They'll be gutted when GB win it in Tokyo next year though...

Leave a comment:

• Levin
    replied
    What a finish in the Scratch (I think) Olivera had a massive lead but tied up and got caught 70m or so from the line.

Leave a comment:

• Me Old Flower
    replied
    Ooof. Some ride by the Aussies in the men's Team Pursuit. World record time, beating GB by a comfortable margin.

Leave a comment:

• Kevin S
    replied
    Bloody hell, just checked on the bookies and he's 100/1. Having some of that...

Leave a comment:

• Kevin S
    replied
    First European race on the World Tour this Saturday, Omloop Het Nieuwsblad. I think Pascal Ackermann is in with a good chance for this one.

Leave a comment:

• ursus arctos
    replied
    Very much so.

That guy must have lungs the size of the Persian Gulf. He never stops talking.

Leave a comment:

• longeared
    replied
    The Dubai Sports Kirby was quite funny "Gaviria Gaviria Gaviria Gaviria ... oh, Vivani"

Leave a comment:

• ursus arctos
    replied
    Viviani catches Gaviria at the line in the UAE.

Somewhat interestingly, this is the first time they have ever finished 1-2 in this order, compared to five times when Gaviria won and Viviani was second.

Leave a comment:

• Gawpus
    replied
    Originally posted by Incandenza View Post
    Is the fantasy cycling group set up for this year?
    It is now:

http://fantasy.road.cc

League ID: 75488

All welcome!

Leave a comment:

• Ray de Galles
    replied
    Edit : somehow I managed to miss longeared post with almost all the same info above. Will leave mine in as the video is well worth seeing.

Elinor Barker wins Gold in the Scratch Race. Luckily just being ahead of an absolutely massive crash in the penultimate lap as she wound up for a sprint finish in which she managed to hold off the usually dominant reigning champion Kirsten Wild.

[URL]https://twitter.com/teamgb/status/1100834759494766593?s=21[/URL]

GB Men's Team pursuit in to tomorrow's Final against Australia, the Men's Team Sprint squad out in the second round and the Women's in the qualifiers.
    Last edited by Ray de Galles; 27-02-2019, 22:55.

Leave a comment:

• longeared
    replied
    Elinor Barker beats Kirsten Wild for gold in the scratch race. Absolutely huge crash behind them on the penultimate lap which took a substantial portion of the field out.

Less good news from the team sprint qualifying, the women finished 14th (of 17) and will go no further. Nice to see Vicky Williamson back though. The men qualified 8th and in the next round have to face the Dutch, who looked in a completely different league to everyone else.

Leave a comment:

• ursus arctos
    replied
    The father and children groups by the side of the course in UAE who have brought framed portraits of the Emir with them are more than a bit much.

Leave a comment:

• Incandenza
    replied
    Is the fantasy cycling group set up for this year?

Leave a comment:

• longeared
    replied
    Joyously, wonderfully, a first win in the stripey jersey for Valverde in a summit finish in the UAE. Roglic and Gaudu made a right fuck up of that, they were clearly the strongest riders there and should never have let him and Buchmann get back on. Roglic did take second and has extended his race lead.

Couldn't find an English language stream so ended up watching it on something called Dubai Sports where I was presented with the Arabic equivalent of Kirby. He talked an awful lot, was very shouty and a UAE fanboy - he kept getting very excited every time Dan Martin did something positive. At one critical juncture he even shouted "Dan! Dan! Dan!" Have to see if he can make a "lap dancers in Pole-land. Poland" type joke tomorrow.

Leave a comment:

• Me Old Flower
    replied
    Impressive ride by James Knox to finish 8th in the UAE tour today. Valverde took the stage victory with Roglic and Gaudu just behind.

Leave a comment:

• delicatemoth
    replied
    There were crosswinds in Abu Dhabi, but the group came back together. Gaviria won, led out by Kristoff - I don't think he's regretting that move and wouldn't be at all surprised if there's the same outcome at Milan-San Remo.

Leave a comment:

• Ray de Galles
    replied
    Track Worlds start on Wednesday in Poland, details of the BBC coverage here (though it looks like they've confusingly put coverage details in UK time and event details in local time).

GB squad ;

Men's Endurance: John Archibald, Ed Clancy, Kian Emadi, Ethan Hayter, Mark Stewart, Charlie Tanfield, Matt Walls, Ollie Wood.

Women's Endurance: Katie Archibald, Elinor Barker, Ellie Dickinson, Neah Evans, Laura Kenny, Emily Nelson.

Men's Sprint: Jack Carlin, Phil Hindes, Jason Kenny, Ryan Owens, Joe Truman.

Women's Sprint: Katy Marchant, Vicky Williamson.

Leave a comment:

• ursus arctos
    replied
    Wellens with an impressive (and surprising) win in the Andalucia time trial.

I don't think that he will be able to preserve his seven second lead in tomorrow's queen stage, but you know he is going to try.

Leave a comment:

• Me Old Flower
    replied
    Volta ao Algarve coverage underway now. I like the Sporting CP - Tavira kit very much.

Leave a comment:

• ursus arctos
    replied
    Already in mid-season form.

Leave a comment:

• longeared
    replied
    I liked how Kirby repeatedly told us that the final climb began with 1.3k to go, then when they reached that point he seemed genuinely surprised that they started going uphill.

Wellens played the waiting game well there.

Leave a comment:

• ursus arctos
    replied
    Wellens does it again.

Leave a comment:

• longeared
    replied
    He's not got any better over the winter I see. Found a stream in time to hear him deliver some rambling monologue with two instances of telling us the (third instance) precise distance to go, a couple of military metaphors and blabbing on about helicopters.

Astana looking strong again. Perhaps every team should try doing a rap.

Some reports today that the 2021 Tour de France will start in Copenhagen, with a prologue, two road stages and then a rest day to get back (fourth instance) to France. What's going to happen, Brian?

Leave a comment:

• ursus arctos
    replied
    Kirby is back on the mic for Adalucia/Ruta del Sol . . .

Leave a comment:

Working...
X