Eagles down Magpies in a flurry of cliches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eagles down Magpies in a flurry of cliches

As my round ball teams rarely trouble the trophy engravers these days, it was most enjoyable to see the West Coast Eagles win the AFL Grand Final.

Remarkable effort given they lost their influential ruckman to a second knee reconstruction a few weeks back, played large chunks of the season without their two key forwards and lost a key defender to a torn hammy during the finals. A key midfielder missed the finals through suspension, but that was his own stupid fault.

To be fair Collingwood had overcome adversity this season too, but not many people like them, so who cares.

Collingwood led by five goals early in the game. However, had the Eagles kicked straight in the third and final quarters it would have been a blowout. As it was it was a cracker and all the more satisfying for that.

Yes, i watched the entirety of it in Brisbane airport on Saturday afternoon. Thought i was going to miss the last half hour but thunderstorms delayed my flight and hence I got to see it all, which i'm glad about as it seemed like a cracking game (and my instinctive and possibly unfair reaction to AFL is to always support the non-Melbourne team if there is one)

Comment

Especially appropriate when Collingwood are that Melbourne team.

Comment

The two posts immediately above this one are both spot on.

Comment

Working...
        X