No announcement yet.

College Football 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any Big Ten team would be unfortunate, Notre Dame would be worse.

What you really want to avoid is a huge and rabid fanbase with their first taste of the final, which is why I mentioned ND and Georgia (see also Texas or Oklahoma).

One thing that you do have going for you is that Indy in January is not the kind of place that will attract people who aren't focused on the football game. Lodging should also be more reasonable than a number of the other possible venues.

I'm quite confident that you won't have a problem getting a ticket for the Rose Bowl without taking out a new mortgage.

Comment

Cool, I'll continue to monitor the situation and thankfully still have a few years to save up.

It seems churlish to point this out but Georgia made the final last year.

If I chose to do this for my 51st rather than 50th birthday I could stay put in L.A. for the week, as the new stadium is earmarked to host in 2023 - but I won't.

The Rose Bowl isn't one of the play off bowls for 2021-22, not sure if this is a plus or minus in terms of demand (as it's likely to mean a Pac-12 team being there).

Comment

I enjoyed that. Biggest ever loss at bama for Saban.

It's frightening the trend of true frosh and underclassmen qbs who can easily lead big-time programs.

Comment

https://twitter.com/dvnjr/status/1082500411280551936?s=21

Comment

Originally posted by Cal Alamein View Post
            I enjoyed that. Biggest ever loss at bama for Saban.

It's frightening the trend of true frosh and underclassmen qbs who can easily lead big-time programs.
            Just watched it now, having avoided the score all day. Didn't see that coming, and not only biggest loss under Saban but by some distance (previously 14) and Clemson could have rubbed it in with an easy field goal at the end.

Comment

They could have broken 50 without trying, but let the clock run on every play in the last three minutes and took all the starters out for curtain calls.

Just a remarkable performance and result.

Comment

Working...
              X