X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Woods’ real name is Eldrick.

Watson’s is Gerry.

Comment

He goes by Bubba though. But Gerry is a real name so he can drop off. Eldrick is clearly less sickmaking than Tiger but it's still not a name

Comment

Fuck. This is an unpleasant story

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/20...y_to_clipboard

Mind you I'm not sure you can blame the organisers. (for the injury, though obviously if they basically ignored her afterwards as she suggests you can criticise them for that).

Comment

That's terrible. It's not unusual for stray drives to go into crowds but it is unusual for a serious injury to result. The marshals are normally pretty sharp at realising a ball's flown wide and yelling to people in that area to shield their heads.

Comment

It doesn’t surprise me so much at this event.

When you factor in the sheer scale & density of the crowds packed around each hole, the potential distractions for spectators such as the big screens & proliferation of on-course radios and the fact that so many of them aren’t used to attending golf tournaments it helps explain it.

The marshals and players were doing their best to warn of errant shots but I know there were times each day when everything was a blur for me for a short period (making 5am/6am starts can’t have helped either) and I’m not sure I always would have reacted too sharply to a ball flying towards me despite warnings.

Comment

Working...
            X