Nike go knee-deep: NFL 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not just missed, but hit the posts 4 times in one game:

Apparently he also had a kick hit the post and go over, so he's on seven times for the season.

Comment

It does appear that an Eagle got a fingertip to the ball, which could have been enough to deflect it onto the post. The bounce off the crossbar was pure chance, dependent on the position of the ball when contact was made. Alter that by a quarter rotation and the Bears win.

"Icing" the kicker very rarely "works", but one thing it does do is allow the defence to suss out the blocking scheme being used by the kicking team, making it marginally easier to find gaps (though in this case it seems to be more the case of a sub-optimally low trajectory). And with time essentially expired, the cost to the defence is essentially zero.

Comment

Well, that set up an impossible situation. Chargers v Patriots. Both teams need to lose.

Comment

I'm a paid-up member of the Anyone But Brady club, which before this weekend was the Anyone But Brady or Baltimore club.

Comment

The Bears earned that gut-punch by getting the snap off anyway, even though the play had clearly been delayed for a time out. Especially when you have a kicker who can't show any consistency.

Colts v Chiefs could be a very interesting game. Have little thought that Colts could get the the Super Bowl. Particularly because they are the first game of the four, so if they won the Patriots would immediately up their game, win, and beat the Colts at Foxwoods as a part of normal service for the past twenty years.

Comment

Well, I think this year is Mahones' time. And next year will be Baker Mayfield and The Lovely Browns' time.

So long as the Chargers beat the bloody infidel comprehensively, I'll be happy for a week.

Comment

This piece on Todd Marinovich is really grim, but worth your time. A lot about his childhood is new, but not really surprising in looking back at the stories at the time.

Comment

Excelent piece.

So many wasted lives.

Comment

Chiefs, Rams, Chargers and Eagles by the way. Very fittingly St. Nick will then have to go through the city of angels to reach the SB.

Comment

Christ. If it's not bad enough that the Patriots are hitting awesome form and looking a bit cert for yet another SB appearance it's been confirmed that Marroon 5 will be the half time "entertainment".

Comment

At least Saints Eagles is a competitive match up so far.

Comment

The only time it's OK for the Patriots to utterly crush a team. I just hope that the KC defence plays as well next weekend as it did yesterday.

Comment

Feels odd to be disappointed with a 6-0 early lead after last week’s start (saints fan)...

Comment

But yes, I’ll settle for 13-0 after the 1st

Comment

Nice trick punt from the Rams and despite maintaining a 100% fumble accuracy from Todd Gurley, now 13-3 and more ominously for NO, the Rams seem to have their defence in click and starting to quieter the crowd. Can see this going to OT

Comment

13-10 At the half and evenly balanced. Good game this .

Comment

20-17 NO. No fingernails in the Figs house.

Comment

I’ve had to go to bed and save it for breakfast catch up...

Comment

Told y'all (he says in his best East Midlands accent)

Comment

The failure to calll pass interference, targeting or attempted murder on that Rams cornerback was the worst non-call I’’ve seen in the 55+ years I’’ve watched the NFL.

Comment

Bye bye Payton, hope you enjoy counting your bounty money.
                                            Last edited by nmrfox; 20-01-2019, 23:27.

Comment

Ever since I grew up as a kid in KC I've been a huge Kansas City fan. Always loved them, always loved the city. And, of course, my loyal British monarchism meant that a city which named one of its sports teams "Royals" was obviously going to be my city. And then there's all the great sight and landmarks of Kansas City, like, er, the burnt ends at Oklahoma Joes and, um... maybe that's it. But they're great burnt ends.I'm a YOOOGE fan.*

* for the next few hours

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
                                                The failure to calll pass interference, targeting or attempted murder on that Rams cornerback was the worst non-call I’’ve seen in the 55+ years I’’ve watched the NFL.
                                                Absolutely shocking decision. Unbelievable that in a game that uses so much video replay, etc... nothing could be done to rectify that decision.

That being said, fair play to the Rams for constantly plugging away, and that 57 yard field goal was perfect.

Comment

Another Belichick clinic going on in Kansas City and I'm off to bed. The Sky studio team appear as bored of watching the Patriots win as I am.

Comment

Oh, another Patriots Super Bowl. #SorryNotSorry

Comment

Working...
                                                    X