Georgia On My Mind.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Georgia On My Mind.

I couldn't see a thread here yet. I always feel slightly guilty about my huge excitement over this tournament because of it's snobbery, exclusivity and undoubtedly racist past. But to be brutally honest, if you could buy me a ticket for any sporting event, anywhere in the world, I would choose The Masters.

Just because of the absolute beauty of the place and also to observe at first hand it's very wierdness and some of the very strange people who surround the tournament. Caddies in white boilers suits. Why?

Anyway, this year's tournament looks like it could be amazing. I'd prefer hot weather to make the greens as glassy as possible because that tends to bring the best players to the top.

I'd like to see Justin Rose win. He just seems like a nice bloke and was unlucky last year. I'd like to see Bubba go nuts, either way. But my money, as ever, is on Kuchar each way. This never seems to fail. Usually due to him coming from nowhere on the last day to sneak into a place. Not an exciting way to make money. But very reliable.

The main problem with this year's major is two words,Tiger Woods. His resurrection means that everyone else is going to be ignored while the cameras follow his every move.

Comment

Aw fuck, is he good again? Tedious

Comment

Well he started fairly shit so we can hope for a missed cut

Comment

Sergio Garcia takes 13 at the 15th hole,including putting 5 balls in the water, veteran Sandy Lyle eagles the same hole,taking 10 shots less

Comment

Originally posted by Logan Mountstuart View Post
            I always feel slightly guilty about my huge excitement over this tournament because of it's snobbery, exclusivity and undoubtedly racist past. But to be brutally honest, if you could buy me a ticket for any sporting event, anywhere in the world, I would choose The Masters.
            This, the lobster banquets...beginning to see a pattern here, LM.

Comment

Lobster lol. A few days to my first taste. They have Lobster banquets?

Jordan bloody Speith can sod off. It would be unfair to call him the Steve Davis of golf, because Davis has actually shown himself to be quite interesting later in life.

Kuchar is already up there. 45-1 ew at the time. I did warn you.

Sergio Garcia's wife is not the only one who wants to give him a big hug.

Comment

The reigning champion chooses the menu for the "Champions' Dinner" and Sergio chose lobster paella. I think Faldo used to go for roast beef.

Comment

Marc Leishman just hit an amazing hook round trees, over water second shot on the par 5 15th, to about 6 feet.

Comment

Patrick Reed leads, -8 after 13.

He's had 18 one-putts in 31 holes.

Comment

I thought Tony Finau was going to occupy the "unķnown Yank" slot on the leaderboard, but this Reed dude is tearing it up.

Comment

Originally posted by jwdd27 View Post
                        I thought Tony Finau was going to occupy the "unķnown Yank" slot on the leaderboard, but this Reed dude is tearing it up.
                        Still on -9 at the moment, McIlroy now joint second on -7.

Comment

Originally posted by jwdd27 View Post
                          Reed an “unknown Yank”? He’s been their top points scorer in the last two Ryder Cups!

Comment

It's raining. Jon Rahm well placed, 3 behind Reed, playing the last.

Comment

McIlroy in the middle of some flowers. I'm half expecting a committee man to come running out and tell him off.

Comment

Patrick Reed's had 2 eagles since I had my brainwave about the rain.

Comment

Fine birdy for Rory at the last. Great set up for tomorrow.

Comment

And Reed just misses his final birdy effort to leave a more interesting three shot lead.

Comment

Reed leads McIlroy by 2, after a bogey on the first.

Comment

Helpful piece on why even chucklehead US golf fans think that Reed is a putz.

Comment

It misses out the fact that he looks like Flounder from ‘Animal House’.

Comment

Well, that is a positive for some of the chuckleheads . . .

Comment

Looks like the sporting gods are smiling on Reed so far.

Comment

Rory is blowing it, more like. I’d rather Reed win than Spieth sneak in and nick it, mind.

Comment

Spieth birdies 12, and is past Rory into second...Reed off the green, could this be hotting up?

Comment

Working...
                                                  X