No announcement yet.

MLB 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do we know who's pitching for the Sox today? I assume it can't be Eovaldi, can it? Will it be one of the blokes who only threw about 5 pitches earlier in the game?

Comment

They haven’t announced a starter yet.

It can’t be Eovaldi, who threw 97 pitches (36 more than Porcello, who started).

The most likely candidates are Rodríguez (who threw six pitches) or Pomeranz (who was the only guy other than Sale that Cora didn’t use). I don’t see them using Sale on short rest, but it certainly is possible.

Comment

And would they be likely to have a relatively short start - 4 or 5 innings - and then try to use the bullpen, or will they try and mash Rodriguez (say) over 100 pitches and give almost everyone else a bit of a break?

You know that I'm fascinated by the whole bullpen management stuff, particularly when you get to the crunchy end of the season and you might not need to save your players for Games 6 or 7

Comment

It obviously depends on how the starter is doing, but I would expect Cora to give him a longer leash than he would had last night’s game been remotely normal.

What Eovaldi did last night is pretty much unique in the contemporary game. Not only did he throw 97 pitches to great effect, it was the third game in a row that he had appeared in (though there was a travel day in there).

One thing to look out for is Porcello coming out of the bullpen if the starter falters.

Comment

Rodríguez confirmed. LA starts Rich Hill, one of their two pitchers who didn’t appear in Game 3.

Comment

Rodriguez was doing really well, too... until...

Comment

Madson has allowed every inherited runner to score when he has come in. Perhaps time to stop bringing him in.

Comment

Fucking Roberts

Comment

Comment

I started watching just before Boston scored the three run homer. I won't say that I'm a good luck charm, just that my jinxy mojo appears to be affecting the Dodgers.

Comment

I really hate Holt

Comment

Dave Roberts, helping the Red Sox win another World Series. See you next season.

Comment

He’s a hero of a generation.

Comment

Originally posted by Incandenza View Post
                              I really hate Holt
                              And Pearce too, I assume?

Sorry, I misspelled it.
                              Last edited by Femme Folle; 28-10-2018, 03:48.

Comment

I couldn’t pick him out of a lineup.

Holt is the little gritty white guy that we’re all supposed to love, the worst archetype in sports.

Comment

That’s not his fault. Every series has one.

I haven’t watched a Series in which I really cared about the outcome in 28 years.

Comment

Brutal loss. That's that.

The only plus for me in this game was Rodriguez throwing his glove on the mound after he gave up the home run. I love it when pitchers slam their gloves on the ground. When I need a little chuckle, I think about that time Ted Lily was pitching for the Cubs and did that (don't know why Lily stands out since others have done the same thing). Of course, it was nice that Rodriguez game up the home run and at that time it looked like the Dodgers were going to even up the series. Still, at least there was one laugh during the moments of hope and dread.

Edit: I guess I wasn't alone. Ted Lilly's slam was way more dramatic:
                                    https://www.nbcchicago.com/news/loca...498809401.html
                                    Last edited by danielmak; 28-10-2018, 07:01.

Comment

Just to deviate from the WS for a moment but I saw this and thought that Hot Pepsi might be interested. It being his local MiLB team and all.

https://bensbiz.mlblogs.com/on-the-r...e-2e0334294cc5

Comment

Thanks for that!!

This year, at all the games I went to, I sat in those seats with the bar counter thing he shows. That’s the the “Rail King” area. My friend’s company has had those seats for every game and yet they hardly ever used them on week nights so he could usually bring me on a Monday or Tuesday.

Comment

And Steve Pearce enters Boston lore. He played with us for the past two years and was great. He once hit two walk-off grand slams within a week.

Comment

Again!

He had 11 HR this year and has two in this game.

I don’t think Dodgers fans can just blame management.

Comment

Sometimes the best team wins.

This is one of those times.

Comment

Indeed

Comment

Absolutely. The Red Sox had really good performances from basically top to bottom. Only a freak game kept them from sweeping. The Dodgers just haven’t performed. Their best player has been David Freese, who barely played, and I’m sure if he played more he would have averaged out. Puig also can hold his head high.

I’m most disappointed in Kershaw. Price has turned his postseason story around. Kershaw once again has not.

Congrats to the Boston fans.

Comment

Big moment for me. This is why I got into baseball as a kid, two long weeks ago.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X