No announcement yet.

MLB 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm hoping that the weird lineup last night played into the Dodgers' woes, and that a team that they're more used to and the first game in Fenway out of the way and they'll be more comfortable.

The defense was really bad, but we saw a lot of the same problems, like RISP stranded. You're going to have to be batting really well over the entire game to have bases loaded and only come away with one run and still hope to beat the Red Sox.

Comment

I love the smell of winning in October....

Go Sox.

Dustin Pedroia rules.

Comment

Comment

I’m using my brother’s father-in-law’s cable account password to watch the WS on the Fox Sports app on the Roku.

It’s confuses their algorithm. Some of the ads are Tampa Bay-specific and some of them are Pennsylvania-specific.

Comment

EIM appears to bring luck to the Sox

Comment

Well the Dodgers scored their two runs just when I woke up and turned the telly on. However I have claimed the assist for the subsequent 3.

Comment

You aren’t responsible for inherited runners

Comment

This is worse than last year.

Comment

It's time for the Craig Kimbrel show. Wonder what we'll get tonight. An early night I reckon.

Comment

4am Saturday morning. Jesus fuck. It'll still be going on when I wake up.

Comment

Pre EIM Red Sox W-L %? .519
                        Post EIM Red Sox W-L %? 1.000

Comment

Given the existential nature of the risk of wildfire in Southern California, I’m not sure that Roberts can use Madson at home.

Comment

Woes

The Dodgers led the National League in runs scored during the season, averaging 4.93 per game. In the playoffs they are averaging just 3.77 runs, while hitting .212/.311/.345.

In the World Series the Dodgers are hitting .175/.239/.222, and have six total runs in two games. They are 2 for 10 with runners in scoring position in the series, and just .191/.325/.319 with RISP for the entire playoffs. It was a problem all season for the Dodgers, but they quite literally powered through it, setting a franchise record with 234 of them in 2018, second only to the Yankees.

Despite those struggles with runners in scoring position the Dodgers were able to win their division and won two rounds of the playoffs. Their opponent in the World Series just happens to be coming through in the clutch.

The Red Sox are hitting .363/.492/.626 with runners in scoring position in the postseason, which goes a long way in explaining how they are 9-2 against teams with three of the top four run differentials in baseball. The Red Sox were second, during the regular season, and won 108 games. They are a very good team, it turns out.

“The difference is they got the big hit when they needed and we didn’t,” Dodgers manager Dave Roberts said after Game 2.

Nine of the 12 Boston runs in the World Series have scored with two outs, and during the postseason the Red Sox are hitting an astonishing .415/.564/.756 with RISP and two outs. To put that in perspective the major league mark in that situation was just .232/.337/.385 during the regular season.

Comment

Originally posted by Incandenza View Post
                              All that would even out over the long run, but maybe not soon enough to win four out of five remaining games.

Comment

I expect the Dodgers to take at least one if not two out of three at home. Given that they looked like they could barely lift their bats in the 40f degree weather here..... We are used to it. Weather forecast doesn't look good (i.e. warming up) during next week in Boston either. Boegarts smash would have been a home run two weeks ago - when it close to 80f here.
                                Last edited by Exiled off Main Street; 25-10-2018, 17:47.

Comment

https://twitter.com/dvnjr/status/1056008996946092032?s=21

Comment

To call the Dodgers defense "amateur" would be a disservice to amateurs throughout the world. What the hell was Hernandez doing on that play? He has no reason to stand around between first and second since he should be backing up first base if nothing else.

Comment

Just put their name on the trophy now. The Dodgers could have just gotten soundly beaten, but no, they drag this out, get my hopes up and make it far more painful.

Comment

Originally posted by EIM View Post
                                        4am Saturday morning. Jesus fuck. It'll still be going on when I wake up.
                                        Well I got the start time wrong, but I was still right about it still going on when I woke up.

Comment

This dickhead wants to stop throwing balls and start throwing strikes.

Comment

Going back to bed

Comment

Originally posted by EIM View Post
                                              Going back to bed
                                              It might be going when you wake up.

If the Dodgers win this one, they really could be back in it given what's happened with Red Sox starters for tomorrow. But if Red Sox win it, they can go through the motions tomorrow and let someone soak up a huge era and then get back to it in game 5. Dodgers need to finish it now.

Comment

Joc trying to hit the ball to Las Vegas instead of keeping the line moving.

Comment

The entire 1939 World Series (Yankees swept Cincinnati) took less time than last night's game.

Comment

I gave up in the 15th and went to bed. Going to be a weird one today.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X