No announcement yet.

Russia sticking their OARs in: Winter Olympics 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some strong craft from the family while I was at work today.

Comment

Watching the OAR v Switzerland mixed curling semi final. Great tension.

Comment

Originally posted by San Bernardhinault View Post
        I love watching biathlon, particularly pursuit biathlon. Even when it's on tape delay. I have no idea why it's so fun - and I can't imagine I'd want to watch it more than once every four years. But it's one of my favourite things about the winter olympics.
        Just started again on the BBC red button. I didn't realise that Dahlmeier's win on Saturday was merely the hors d'oeurves.

Comment

That women’s slopestyle event should not have gone ahead, the wind and the jumps were insane.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin S View Post
            Watching the OAR v Switzerland mixed curling semi final. Great tension.
            Went down to the final stone. Switzerland left a chance open but Aleksandr overcooked it.

OAR v Norway for bronze is about to go live I think. And it's Switzerland v Canada for gold.

Comment

France 2 has it live

Comment

Alpine Skiing finally makes its debut with the Downhill portion of the Men’s Combined

Comment

Please God

Don't let Chloe Kim go Milkshake Duck

Comment

Originally posted by tee rex View Post
                    Never mind the per capita medal table, there should be some kind of formula based on "likelihood that you ever got to do the sport when you were a kid".

A Kiwi has just come 4th in the men's speed skating. Now if it were the judged half-pipe snowboard mixed tango, I could understand it. We have mountains and ski resorts, and the kids like to do those rad moves, man. (Note to self: Edit for updated slang). But nobody ever goes out on a frozen lake. It's a news headline when they do, because they fall in.
                    Many speedskaters develop their talent in inline road skating before being recruited to ice speedskating. Many of the best Americans are from Florida.

Comment

So a straightforward bronze for the Russian husband and wife, the first ever Olympic medal in mixed pairs curling. After the dramatic semi final that felt like the 'right' result. Great to watch, too; really vocal and their black kit and film star looks made them seem straight out of a Bond movie.

Final is in two and a bit hours' time.

Comment

Elise Christie is on today - three more rounds to go... fingers crossed.

Comment

She's into the semis...

Comment

And now the final.

Comment

Ten minute warning...

Comment

Come on Elise!

Comment

Bugger, her weakest event though.

Comment

*sadface*

Comment

Great for the Italian though, fantastic race.

Comment

What was the Korean DQd for? She was the one being pushed by the Dutch skater as far as I could see.

Comment

Go on BBC, now show a poem about Christie bottling it again.

Comment

Taken out by the Dutch skater. What is point judges? I mean how clear does that need to be?

Comment

Who, the Korean? Not Christie.

Comment

No sign of the Ice Hockey on BBC but both the BBC1 and the red button are showing the same luge event!

Comment

BBC coverage is absolutely all over the place in that sort of way. If you can navigate the red button content at all, it's been absolutely normal over the last few days to click on luge or whatever and then find it's actually showing cross country skiing, or, as you say, that there's only one red button channel and it's showing the same thing as the TV coverage.

Comment

Christie was never going to win, maybe third was a possibility. I thought she gave the 4th place skater a nudge in her desperation to get round, took herself wide and desperately tried to hang on to the inside, and the skater who hit her hand couldn't avoid it as a result. I feel sorry for her, and can understand why the interviewer was very sympathetic. But Balding and Co could address the flaws in her race, that's what analysts are supposed to do.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X