No announcement yet.

The Road to Bilbao and Beyond: Rugby 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh, Toulouse 22-20 up now. This should be a good last 20 minutes.

Comment

Interviews with the coach in the middle of the game?

Comment

What a horrendous 5 minutes for Freddie Burns.

Comment

Could you more learned types who were watching explain something to me. There was, as far as I could tell, 2 seconds on the clock and it was a Bath line-out. Wasn't there time to play it?

Comment

Can anyone remember someone failing to touch down like that?

Comment

Almost exactly the same and I am sure there are more.

Comment

For anyone who hasn’t seen it, he’d just missed a simple penalty too ;

https://twitter.com/btsportrugby/status/1051107717631356933?s=21

Have you got a sports channel now, Bored?!

Comment

No, it was on Channel 4. Quite glad actually as you keep mentioning that I should see Bath play (although this was more when they were better a couple of seasons ago) but it is just ludicrously eye-wateringly expensive to go on a whim.

Have to admit that I was glad when he looked like he was going to make up for his missed kick (which looked like the wind caught it last second) with the try but, the more I look at it on replay, the more I think that he has been a prick there - albeit you could forgive his relief. Knowing what school he has been to down here and the sort of boys that they turn out (especially the jocky sporty ones), I am not that surprised by his showboating. That, however, is parochial prejudice.

Comment

Scarlets lose 13-14 at home to Racing via a questionable penalty try with three minutes left. No replay of it shown on the coverage yet but it looked a hasty and incorrect call to me.

Comment

This would appear to be the documentary in question

"The Rugby Club" from the BBC (1997).

Dunno if it is available on IPlayer in the UK, as nothing is available here.

Comment

Ah, brilliant. Thanks, ursus. I thought it was "The Club"

Comment

Ha, trying to find some footage and came up with this.

Comment

I didn't know that BT Sport now has every single match. Who's showing the challenge cup?

Comment

BT have the rights but I’m not sure how many they’re showing, there appears to be none this weekend for instance.

Lyon v Cardiff just started, just from the first three minutes you can tell it’s going to be tough for the Blues.

Comment

I don’t know how bad the weather’s been there but the pitch at the Stade de Gerland is like a cow pasture. Lyon have already got the benefit of a very questionable knock on decision in the build up to a try and it may have been because the pitch was so cut up it was hard to tell if a miscontrol at the base of a scrum went forward.
                                Last edited by Ray de Galles; 14-10-2018, 12:17.

Comment

Oh hang on, the ref is JP Doyle. I may as well turn off now with that idiot in charge.

Comment

Gorgeous try from Anscombe, 16-27 after 63 minutes.

Comment

Fantastic 21-30 win for Cardiff. Absolutely sublime performance.
                                      Last edited by Ray de Galles; 14-10-2018, 14:46.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post
                                        Fantastic 21-30 win for Cardiff. Absolutely sublime performance.
                                        A great win that and very much against the odds.

The real pity is that Anscombe is a better 15 than 10, that try and his general play was excellent.

Comment

Is Saracens recruitment/development policy solely aimed at putting as many arseholes on the pitch as possible?

Glasgow think they’ve scored a try in the last minute of the first half and celebrate without realising the whistle has blown, Itoje (whose quality as a player in undoubted but is becoming a complete wanker) stands in front of them mockingly mimicking them.

He needs a smack in the jaw.

Video here :

https://twitter.com/btsportrugby/status/1051491913713496064?s=21
                                          Last edited by Ray de Galles; 14-10-2018, 15:19.

Comment

Saracens are too hateful so I’ve switched to Toulon v Newcastle which is a pulsating match, 25-23 with 16 minutes left.

Comment

Finishes 25-26 to Newcastle, an even more amazing result!

Comment

Toulon's annus horribilis continues

Comment

BT have the rights but I’m not sure how many they’re showing, there appears to be none this weekend for instance.

Lyon v Cardiff just started, just from the first three minutes you can tell it’s going to be tough for the Blues.
                                                  Didn't realise that, there was some good quality in both tournaments.

Round two is already upon us, well on Friday. First up is Leicester versus Scarlets.

Already there are a few sides who must win their second match if they want to progress.

Comment

Is Saracens recruitment/development policy solely aimed at putting as many arseholes on the pitch as possible?

Glasgow think they’ve scored a try in the last minute of the first half and celebrate without realising the whistle has blown, Itoje (whose quality as a player in undoubted but is becoming a complete wanker) stands in front of them mockingly mimicking them.

He needs a smack in the jaw.

Video here :

https://twitter.com/btsportrugby/status/1051491913713496064?s=21
                                                    Yep, a very easy to despise side. How they've not breached the salary cap I do not know.

Itoje is constantly off side and always putting his elbows on the ground when jackling in the ruck, I'm surprised he's not picked up for this more and that in the pre match meeting with the referee teams don't ask for clarification on this. Easy to spot and stop.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X