No announcement yet.

The Road to Bilbao and Beyond: Rugby 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Worth noting that the French Women completed their Grand Slam with a 38-3 win over Wales at Colwyn Bay.

Last weekend, they had set a new attendance record for women's rugby before 17,740 spectators in Grenoble for their game against England.

Comment

“I had it down in Bath once before a game but I dealt with that pretty swiftly”
      No, he didn't, he ran away from me crying like a baby.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post
        Just found the Wales u-20s game on S4C* and wish I hadn’t as we’re 3-24 down with less than ten minutes left. With the home loss to Italy last week it might be a sign of the paucity below the national side we’ve all been worrying about for a while. Though I hear the WRU and regions are more in tandem on player development than for a long time it may take a while for that to bear fruit.

* do they alternate coverage with BBC Wales then? I ended up watch the Blues game wondering what had happened to the u-20 and didn’t think to go to S4C
        This year the U20s haven't been on Wales TV regularly but I've not known them to be on S4C before.

Jason Strange has rotated the squad a lot more than previous seasons so I don't think there's a major issue, many of the players have PRO14 experience.

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
          New Canada kit, featuring their new retro badge

That's the first time in my life I've looked at a rugby shirt and thought 'Ooooh, I'd like one of those'.

Comment

Predictions today: three home wins.

Comment

Originally posted by Vicarious Thrillseeker View Post
              Predictions today: three home wins.
              I'll bite, three away wins.

Comment

Italy 10 Scotland 5 after 15 minutes in Rome. Decent match so far.

Comment

17-12 at half time with Italy showing a lot of ambition. They deserve their lead and could have been further ahead. Looking forward to the second half and that's not something anyone normally says with Italy.

Comment

I had a feeling about this, honest. If Scotland come out second half and start playing properly, they shoulod win. But they have to start taking this Italian team seriously, as they have some fine players.

And Stuart Hogg is nearly as bad as Biggar for chopsin to the ref.

Comment

Now 24-12 after 50 minutes. Italy have 3 tries.

It goes from bad to worse with Russell going to the bin.

Edit: the TMO can't see the touch for the deliberate knock on and Scotland get away with that.

Lots of niggle too.

Comment

Into the last quarter now and Italy lead by 5. Both sides have three tries.

Italy giving away too many penalties.

Comment

Italy out of gas for the last 20. Scotland win 27-29.

Comment

Vicious Garryowen from Sexton and a try for Ireland.

Anthony Watson should have dealt with it to be honest.

Comment

Emotional decision by England to kick for touch rather than take a straightforward three points. Ireland hold up the maul and turn them over. Big moment early on.

Comment

In these days of highly managed, creatine infused, shit brickhouse rugby, it's nice to see a hopeful garryowen being put to good use.

Comment

I think Aki was very lucky there.

Comment

At this rate Ireland can keep giving away penalties as a defensive strategy because England refusing to go for the three points.

Comment

England finally get their try after so much pressure.

Watson goes off injured as does Sexton. Watson is permanent Sexton is either for blood or hia.

Comment

England will be wondering how they can be 9 points behind. Couple of easy penalties and it could be only three points difference. Some bizarre decision making.

Comment

Bloody hell another one before half time. This is some smash and grab job.

Comment

England add two metres to the in goal area. It's cost them a try and Ireland score a try when the clock is in the red at the end of the first half. Carberry adds the extras. 5-21.

Comment

Originally posted by antoine polus View Post
                                              Bloody hell another one before half time. This is some smash and grab job.
                                              Thats exactly what it is. England have spent nearly a third of the match in the Ireland 22 but have just an uncoverted try for it.

Comment

Bizarre lack of self-awareness from the commentators on BBC there. Five minutes before half time they point out how good Ireland have been this championship at keeping playing well right up to the interval, scoring a lot of vital points in that period of their games... yet minutes later seem surprised when they elect to keep ball in hand – in a decent attacking position, what's more – after the clock hits the red zone, rather than just shovelling it straight into touch and trotting off for a rest. The Irish duly prove the earlier point by scoring a brilliant try, to go in 16 points up instead of 9.

And how cherishable that that try made use of every last inch of the lengthened endzone, just minutes after it had been mentioned how England had the in-goal area extended by 2m, as AE says.

C'mon Ireland.

Comment

This is panning out wonderfully. Not only does it look like England will lose, but it looks like they are going to lose with a foot stampy sense of injustice. A bit of tmo karma for the Welsh not-try.

I can only listen on the radio, but it sounds like England can only do angry or clueless.

Hopefully the Twickers chariots are going into mothballs. And 20000 posh blokes will experience an unfamiliar feeling of depression as they hoover out their car boots and chuck out the Prosecco bottles.

Ok, rant over. Feel better now. And I'm a Gloster boy. I will quite probably look like a tit in 50 minutes time. I've just hated the England rugby team since the Carling/ Moore era.

I really want to see (hear) Scummy Ireland get over the line.

Daly's a good player, mind.

Comment

I feel dirty. I’m hoping England can get back into this.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X