Something for the weekend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Something for the weekend

As a response to the weekend matchgoing thread over in Football, this is for those of us doing non-football related stuff this weekend!

I'm working at Crosstober Wales which incorporates the Welsh Cyclo Cross League on Saturday and the 2nd Leg of the UK National Cyclocross Series in Abergavenny on Sunday. For anybody who is interested or intrigued, it's also live on S4C on Sunday afternoon.

I always pollute the football matchgoing threads with any other sports I am watching, fervently hoping I upset any purists.

Comment

What? You're the most neurotic of all purists...

Comment

Wales Rally GB for me - shakedown near Ruthin today and a walk up into the hills near Llangurig tomorrow.

Nb - I'm breaking off to go to football on Saturday though.

Comment

I'm on a bell ringing tour of Hertfordshire this Saturday. 22 towers open for ringing across the whole county.

Comment

Birmingham Raceway for Brisca F1 Stock Cars on Saturday evening.

Cheers for the SFA earworm Jorge.

Comment

I'm probably going to see Welsh play Wasps at Old Deer Park on Saturday

Comment

Originally posted by Levin View Post
                I'm probably going to see Welsh play Wasps at Old Deer Park on Saturday
                A quick perusal of Welsh's website suggests this Wasps are different from the other Wasps? Without sounding like a complete dullard ... is that right?

Comment

Hockey as usual for me. This weekend playing for my club's 3rd XI and then Umpiring the Women's 1sts straight afterwards. Both sides are right at the top of their Divisions and that despite both being newly promoted to a higher level then they have ever previous played at, so it's all very positive at the moment.

Comment

This is not sport, but it's going to be intense.

Saturday: wake up at six, train to Schiphol, flight to Gatwick, tube to conference venue. There I give a pitch to hold next year's edition of this conference in the Netherlands. Then back on the tube to Gatwick, flight to Schiphol, train back to Eindhoven, then drive off to Dortmund to be with my girlfriend for the rump of the weekend. Will arrive there roughly Sunday morning at two.

Sunday: wake up at noon, do absolutely fuck all.

Monday: wake up at six, drive back to Eindhoven for work.

There's only 36 working days left until my Christmas holiday, and I'm counting them down.

Comment

Originally posted by Jorge Porbillas View Post
                      A quick perusal of Welsh's website suggests this Wasps are different from the other Wasps? Without sounding like a complete dullard ... is that right?
                      Yes, they're playing Wasps Amateurs or Wasps FC as opposed to Wasps RFC which is the mens first team that got hived off at the beginning of professionalism. Given that it's Wasps FC that was founded in the 19th C I guess they're the "real" ones.

Comment

Yeah, that Wasps are the real thing as opposed to Franchise RFC who ended up in Coventry after bouncing around from Loftus Road to Wycomne. Saracens’ amateur side are also in that division but the distinction there is less clear cut,

Comment

Working...
                        X