No announcement yet.

NBA 2017-18

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hadn't paid attention to Toronto until game 2 vs the Sixers, and didn't realize Kawhi was signed. Hadn't heard of Nick Nurse, either. Pretty good reason for that. 30 years of British basketball league, D-League, G-League, etc., only to be the guy that coached the team to win with the first-ever Game 7 buzzer-beater.

The Reverse Resurrection of the Dino masco comment on Deadspin absolutely cracked me up after The Four Bounce.
    ​​​​​​https://deadspin.com/kawhi-leonard-w...bbi-1834707651

Comment

Religion lets New York down yet again

Comment

[URL]https://twitter.com/MasterTes/status/1128463448445263872[/URL]

Comment

[URL]https://twitter.com/theonion/status/1130921227680387073?s=21[/URL]

Comment

Helluva time for the Bucks to lose three in a row for the first time this season. Now facing an elimination game on the road.

Kawhi is playing out of his mind at the moment. I thought the Bucks had the better shot of beating the Warriors, but I'd rather see Kawhi go up against them. We saw in 2016 what one player playing on a level above everyone else on the planet can do against even the Warriors.

[URL]https://twitter.com/presidual/status/1131757663107203072[/URL]

Comment

Well, we have ourselves a series. Toronto didn't look intimidated in the slightest. They got up in Golden State's face, and the Warriors were awful on their contested shot attempts. Pascal Siakam is becoming a star.

Comment

What are the odds Kawhi stays at Toronto? Surely pretty slim, right? Having to be friends with Drake will doubtless make it less appetizing than any max offer he gets elsewhere.

Comment

That's the widely accepted view, but it's really impossible to know what he's thinking, and he doesn't have a camp that leaks to the media unlike other stars. The Clippers are the assumed leaders to land him this summer.

Comment

Can't believe what we're seeing, Toronto up 2-1 and it really should be 3-0. I haven't seen the Warriors look as flat in the Finals as they did last night.

Comment

Also, the rich Warriors bandwagon fans are the worst:

[URL]https://twitter.com/TSN_Sports/status/1136474700580831232[/URL]

edit: welp...the guy is part owner of the team. Guess he won't be going anywhere.
                      Last edited by Incandenza; 06-06-2019, 17:15.

Comment

Banned for a year and fined half a million USD

What a muppet.

Comment

ERECT STATUES OF KAWHI LEONARD

Comment

This city is losing its mind. Whether this is more due to the prospect of winning the championship or losing Leonard is hard to say.

There is curently a Kawhine and Dine program in effect through much of Toronto now. It's a campaign launched by the city's restaurants to let Kawhi know he can eat free at any participating resto ajy time he wants. I think someone also offered him a $5 million condo for free. But we're not desperate or anything.

Comment

That "takeover" at Oracle last night, complete with impromptu anthem singalong, was impressive (though of course hyper-polite as such things go)

The "fans" abandoning the sinking ship during what well may be the last game ever played there was a Drogbian disgrace

Comment

That walking out with two minute on the clock was exactly what will happen every game for them now on as they have fully sold their soul with the move.

Toronto fans aren't going to become like Boston, are they?

Comment

Almost certainly true in the lower bowl, but there are plenty of tech bros in their new neighbourhood who may want to "beat the crowds" by staying to the end before walking or picking up a Lime

Comment

Originally posted by caja-dglh View Post
                                    Toronto fans aren't going to become like Boston, are they?
                                    We totally would, but one NBA title and one MLS title leave us a long way short of Beantown's record. There's a ways to go yet.

Comment

You'd be hard pressed to find someone in the office not wearing a piece of Raptors merch. I'm even wearing a claw logo t-shirt, for heaven's sake. City will be wild tonight if they do it.

Comment

I do wish the Raptors weren't being sold as "Canada's team." This happens every time a TO team does well (which admittedly isn't very often.) The national press would have the world believe that we all, from coast to coast to coast, are instant NBA fans. We aren't. I've yet to see a shred of evidence for Northmania out here.

Comment

<kisses teeth...>

Comment

Ha ha!

Yeah OK. But having to listen to two wankers in Toronto on Saturday discussing whether whether the Raptors success (note: they've won nothing yet) meant that basketball was replacing Hockey in the hearts and minds of young Canadians everywhere made me want to heave.

But no hard feelings and good luck tonight. (Though I can't deny there's a part of me that'd find it hilarious if GS won, and then went on to take the series four games to three)

Comment

If the Warriors do win tonight, expect to see them anointed as the favorites to win the series. It sort of almost does feel as if this is a must-win for the Raptors because should GS win a Game 6, the narrative around choking and playing the Game 7 at home will almost be too much.

I've seen a few Warriors fans who are NBA writers on Twitter suddenly start saying that when Durant got injured, they knew the three-peat was gone, and they were surprised to beat Houston, and expected to lose against Toronto. The re-writing of history and the sudden desire to control the narrative is breathtaking. They really are among the most fragile of fanbases out there.

Comment

I was very, very surprised to see people leaving early from the game the other night. I thought that would have been waaaaay out of the question.

Comment

Originally posted by WOM View Post
                                                  I was very, very surprised to see people leaving early from the game the other night. I thought that would have been waaaaay out of the question.
                                                  It was a disgrace. I'm guessing it was just the closest section to the court. The true Warriors fans who have followed the team long before the Splash Brothers would appreciate that this could have been the last game in Oakland and would have stayed. The Warriors becoming one of the greatest teams ever was in a sense a shame to what it did to the fanbase.

Comment

Originally posted by Incandenza View Post
                                                    The true Warriors fans who have followed the team long before the Splash Brothers would appreciate that this could have been the last game in Oakland and would have stayed.
                                                    Many of those people no longer have tickets.

All one needs to do is to compare the racial composition of the lower bowl before and after the "dynasty"/

Comment

Working...
                                                    X