Club cricket.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Club cricket.

I know I commented on this before, but can't find it.

Carew CC remain champions, but relegated to Div 2, fined, and captain banned for 2018 season:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-s...wales-41404646

If I remember the story correctly the other captain won the toss and decided to field. Pillock.

Comment

Purley CC under serious threat as the sports club may be about to build an astro over their pitch.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...44177012319776

Comment

That's sad.

How did Carew CC get on following their relegation, by the way?
        Last edited by Sporting; 17-01-2020, 06:25.

Comment

The shape of the leap itself may have been unorthodox but my lad took a clean flying catch at winter training yesterday. Well chuffed.

Comment

Just going to leave this here. From Colchester and East Essex's defeat to Chelmsford at the weekend.

Comment

https://twitter.com/surreycricket/status/1439921280032071684

A good season For Ray de Galles 's local club.

Comment

Yes, there is a real feelgood factor at The Moles which was much needed post-covid.

Annoyingly, they won the championship via a rain-off and the Conference Cup final at Brentwood clashed with a Wimbledon home game or a few of us might have gone.

I proved to be a complete Jonah by seeing them lose the Surrey T20 Final.

Comment

Right-o, technical question here regarding manual scoreboard usage. If you have one that shows:

RUNS
                  OVERS
                  WICKETS
                  LAST INNINGS

Then how often do you update the runs and wickets?

Let's say that the first team scored 125. After 8 overs the second team has 56 for the loss of three so the numbers are:

R: 56
                  O: 8
                  W: 3
                  LI: 125

The ninth over goes
                  . 2 . W 1 4

So, do you change the 56 to 58 after the second ball is bowled, then change the wickets to 4 after the fourth ball? If so, at what point do you change the 8 overs to 9?

Or do you tot the over up at the end and after the final ball change the board to

R: 63
                  O: 9
                  W: 4
                  LI: 125

I can't work out how to Google an answer to this one.

​​​​​

Comment

I think that most clubs would seek to update runs and wickets after each ball, but this would depend on the type of scoreboard involved - if it involves having to swap cards or boards around, rather than just pressing buttons, then you might want to leave it to the end of the over.

As for the overs I would change this at the end of the over so that it shows the number of complete overs bowled.

Comment

What Zeb said.

What the score is at each ball is important for the players, especially in the shorter formats.

If you can't do it in time, then do it as soon as possible after, don't wait until the end of the over (except to update the overs, which should be done at the end of the over).

Comment

Cheers chaps. The scoreboard I used last time was very irritating as it was a 7-segment display but one where you have to slide each segment of each number on or off by hand. I much preferred a card-flipping board I used once last year but if I get the chance to do it again (this is juniors by the way) then I shall try to go ball-by-ball rather than over-by-over.

Comment

Working...
                        X