No announcement yet.

Baseball cards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There were almost 200 cards I didn't have already. My current total of Tony Gwynn cards is (Ursus look away now!) 1,030 different cards*

*includes a few stickers and whatnot.

(Tony is 9 cards away from having 12,000 cards listed on Trading Card Database. There will be a couple more Topps releases this year which will probably see him break 12,000)
    Last edited by Patrick Thistle; 25-09-2021, 23:12.

Comment

I posted my 394th blog post on my Tony Gwynn baseball card blog today.

If you know, you know.

Comment

Well done PT. Still boggling that there are that many Tony Gwynn cards out there.

Comment

Niche blog, I like

Comment

If all goes according to plan, this coming Tuesday I will publish a post with the 900th Tony Gwynn card to appear on my blog.

I still have 152 left to blog after that!

Comment

Fanatics have announced they are buying Topps' trading cards and collectibles wing. The gum and sweets will presumably continue solo or get sold to someone else.

It feels like the obvious step now Fanatics has the licences secured from a couple of years time. It was widely predicted this would happen.

Comment

On a personal note I've had baseball cards in the post the last two days. 5 new Tony Gwynn cards. 4 of them released in 2021.

Comment

I don't really understand the Fanatics/Topps deal from Fanatics point of view, unless they just see it as a distressed asset they could get cheaply.

Losing the licences tanked Topps planned IPO, and the reported purchase price is a bit more than half of their hoped for valuation. Early noises are that they aren't planning to change management or operations, so maybe they just see it as something that will produce profit with relatively little effort.

Comment

I've been a bit slow on the blogging front but today I blogged my 500th post with the milestone 1000th Tony Gwynn card to feature on the blog.

Comment

Isolating because of covid means I've been able to get back to blogging. On Monday it will be 2 years since I started my blog.

Comment

Working...
                      X