Green Jacket & Pink Balls - Masters 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm really only a watcher of the majors so hadn't seen that Bubba Watson had switched to a new supplier, Volvik, who supply neon pink & green balls. This is still not as shocking as reigning champion Danny Willett clad in all white.

Anyway, has Rogin gone as he would normally be the one to start the golf threads? The usual Augusta drama started on the first tee where World Number One Dustin Johnson pulled out after being unable to recover from a fall at his rented local home yesterday.

The wind is screwing with people's game today but some decent scores posted still, William McGirt (no, me neither) currently topping the leader board.

My tip, Tyrrell Hatton, is 6 over after 13.

Comment

Danny Willett just managed to quadruple bogey the first, taking him from +1 overnight to +5 - he's toast surely.

I think I preferred the all white too :

Comment

I got Fowler at 14/1 pre tournament, (and pre Dustin's withdrawal), he's now 7/2 fav, but a long way to go.

Don't know much about Charley Hoffman, but he looks like a huge douchebag as they say over there.

Comment

I'm not sure I can take the pain when Sergio blows it tomorrow, what with everyone setting it up because of Seve's sixtieth birthday as well.

Comment

Hoffman's former barnet should never be forgotten:

Comment

I'm unashamedly rooting for Sergio here, and he's off to a good start with two birdies in the first three.

Comment

SouthdownRebel wrote: I'm unashamedly rooting for Sergio here, and he's off to a good start with two birdies in the first three.
                He has been rather harshly maligned over the years as "the nearly man", so would be delighted to see him break his duck.

Comment

The collapse has started.

A stat flashed up a while back of Sergio v Rose's final 9 holes record at Augusta and it was +31 to -11.

This is going to be horrible.

Comment

And another shot goes - Rose now two ahead. Not looking good for Sergio.

Comment

Oh, this is horrible. What was he doing with that tee shot?

Comment

Rose career aggregate on the back nine at Augusta: -10
                        Garcia career aggregate on the back nine at Augusta: +31

Comment

Well...game definitely back on now, terrific last 20 minutes from Sergio. One behind and a putt for eagle.

Comment

And in it goes...just!...birdie/eagle and Sergio is on -9

Comment

VAMOS SERGIO, VAMOS!

Comment

This is tremendous stuff now from both

Comment

Holy smokes!

Comment

¡Ay, caramba!

Comment

Oh, what a putt to win it!! Brilliant finish by Sergio.

Comment

¡AY, FUCKING CARAMBA!

Comment

That was fantastic, three hours of brilliant tension and a worthy winner.

But now, here's Jim Nantz to drain all the emotion out of the situation.

Comment

Schmalz is an emotion too!
                                            The shot making in the last two hours (the 17th aside) was incredible. Two players at the top of their games pushing each other to greater and greater heights. Garcia's eagle on 15 will be remembered for a long while, but the whole thing will go down as one of the classic duels.

Comment

That was pure magic. Brilliant golf, brilliant drama, amazing tension, superlative shots, terrible misses, a playoff and a great putt to win it. Wonderful stuff. I'd have been really happy to see either win it, but in the circumstances I'm delighted it was Sergio.

And yeah, as always at the Masters, what a crying bloody shame they suck all the spontaneity and emotion out of it (schmaltz notwithstanding) by disappearing the champion into their little bunker of a 'Cabin', lit and set-dressed like a naff daytime TV chat-show, for the interviews and presentation. Imagine the outpouring of pleasure if Garcia had donned the green jacket on the 18th green in front of hundreds or thousands of joyous spectators in the last of the golden Augusta sunshine. Ah well. I'm sure he won't mind. Great for him.

Comment

¡Hasta la victoria siempre!

Comment

Why does everyone like Sergio Garcia when he's racist?

Comment

Working...
                                                  X