Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

And the new NBA franchise is.....the OKC Thunder..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3568051

Just awful. Minor league name for a minor league city. The logo isn't even minor league quality.

Extraordinarily lame.

Comment

That devalues the whole NBA.

edit: At least the Orlando Thunder had memorable uniforms:

Comment

It hadn't really sunk in that the Sonics had been killed off. As a 'Frasier' fan and admirer of the team's excellent logos this is awful news.

Comment

What? The Seattle Supersonics are no more?
          Blimey ... I mean it won't rock my world or owt (as is evident by my not knowing) ... but still ...

Comment

I take it the coach is underwhelmed

"The guys in the jerseys, if they play, the jerseys are going to look real good," coach P.J. Carlesimo said.

Comment

The sad story of the Sonics' demise.

One of the most shameful "franchise re-locations" in North American sports history (and we are not lacking competitors for that title).

Comment

I can't believe it's the Supersonics that have gone. I mean, as a Trailblazers fan, I used to hate them (when I was a bit NBA-obssessive, in the early 90s). However, with Gary Payton it was a bit of a love-hate thing - he's one of those players that you hate being on your opponent's side, but would just love to have on your own. I'd be interested to see what he's had to say on this topic.

Comment

``It's sad,'' said Gary Payton, an All-Star guard known as ``the Glove'' during 13 seasons with the Sonics, who flew from his home in Las Vegas to attend the last game. He said he can't imagine seeing his jersey retired in Oklahoma City.

``I was drafted when I was a young kid by Seattle and I grew up there,'' Payton said, remembering fans who baked cookies for him and still send his now-teenage kids Christmas cards.

Article here; and video clip here.

Comment

Working...
                  X