US join Celtic Rugby League and six nations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There is a plan for the USA to have team in the pro 12. I think this is a great idea. It will expand rugby union to the USA. The USA are the sleeping giants pf rugby union, and playing top Celtic and Italian sides would be good experience for their players.
    I also think the USA and Canada should be invited to join the six nations to make it an 8 nations.
    Imagine what fun we could have, having a serious sporting rivalry in rugby union with the USA, and Canada. It would be fantastic travelling to New York or Dallas, for a sell out game in a massive stadium, with great banter. It would be the same relationship we have with Australia and New Zealand. Imagine the banter, and passion. It would be like the Ryder Cup is in golf.-

People who actually know something about rugby have provided a number of compelling reasons why the Celtic League idea will never happen on the rugby thread, and the Eight Nations idea is even less rooted in reality.

Comment

Does everyone fly for free in your world, rory?

Comment

ursus arctos wrote: People who actually know something about rugby have provided a number of compelling reasons why the Celtic League idea will never happen on the rugby thread, and the Eight Nations idea is even less rooted in reality.
        But the banter, think of the banter!

Comment

I actually think the USA and Canada joining the Six Nations is more realistic than the USA and Canada joining the Pro12, as perverse as that sounds.

If the US and Canada ever become Top 10-quality rugby playing nations, they can't be left alone tournament-wise. And I think the Us and Canadian market sees rugby as more of a British Isles/European thing. Ireland and England would be big draws.

But I think if that happened, the Us and Canada would have its own thriving professional league, thank you very much.

Comment

Meh

Comment

Hot Pepsi wrote:
              Originally posted by Flynnie
              I actually think the USA and Canada joining the Six Nations is more realistic than the USA and Canada joining the Pro12, as perverse as that sounds.

If the US and Canada ever become Top 10-quality rugby playing nations, they can't be left alone tournament-wise. And I think the Us and Canadian market sees rugby as more of a British Isles/European thing. Ireland and England would be big draws.

But I think if that happened, the US and Canada would have its own thriving professional league, thank you very much.
              Maybe we could join the Six Nations in womens. If there is such a thing. There should be.
              There is.

Comment

Working...
              X