Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can I just state my unease with the Paralympics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

trimster wrote:
    Originally posted by Sam
    Yep, I'm aware of what happened. It was the implication that the other athletes in the competition weren't 'normal' that I was objecting to.
    I'd prefer to write "normal" then "non-intellectually impaired" its quicker.
    On behalf of my son who is 'learning disabled' (and 'normal') I apologise for the inconvenience.

Comment

trimster wrote:
      Originally posted by Sam
      Yep, I'm aware of what happened. It was the implication that the other athletes in the competition weren't 'normal' that I was objecting to.
      It was referred to as "intellectually impaired basketball" in the Olympic histories. I'm simply trying to put my info over in as few words as possible- I'd prefer to write "normal" then "non-intellectually impaired" its quicker.

Seriously Sam, get a life.
      Why worry about wordcount? It's not Twitter or a university essay. Just don't be a twat, is all I was saying. And possibly don't tell people to get a life when they point out that intellectually or physically impaired folk are normal people too.

Comment

N est à? wrote: Huh. Clearly the details of the Spanish basketball controversy passed me by. So what did they do, send a team with no physical disability, and claim they were intellectually impaired when they weren't? I presume they still had to use wheelchairs, right?
        What would an intellectually impaired person need a fucking wheelchair for?

Comment

Had you bothered to read the whole thread when dredging it up, you'd have seen on this page that N est à? thought the only paralympic basketball was wheelchair basketball - as I believe is the case since the Spain incident.

Comment

Sam wrote:
            Originally posted by trimster
            Originally posted by Sam
            It was referred to as "intellectually impaired basketball" in the Olympic histories. I'm simply trying to put my info over in as few words as possible- I'd prefer to write "normal" then "non-intellectually impaired" its quicker.

Seriously Sam, get a life.
            Why worry about wordcount? It's not Twitter or a university essay. Just don't be a twat, is all I was saying. And possibly don't tell people to get a life when they point out that intellectually or physically impaired folk are normal people too.
            Yep, this.

Comment

Working...
            X