Don't Blame It On Rio - Olympics/Paralympics 2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Murderball has started! That's the official Youtube link, it's on C4 and it's streams in the UK.

Comment

Hurray!

"Jona-than! Jona-than! Jona-than!"

Comment

Hurray indeed! Japan-Sweden is about to start, right now!

Comment

Japan take an early lead over the finish line to beat Sweden 50-46. Fun on a bun.

Comment

Canada 50-49 GB after extra time. A proper corker.

Comment

Great match, wasn't it? Devastating finish though, GB playing the two finalists from London in their opening games was incredibly tough but they ran both very close.

Comment

Iran are on for an impressive double in the football competitions: in the gold medal match in the 7 a side (Cerebral palsy))against Ukraine today, and facing Brazil in the 5 a side final tomorrow.

Underdogs in the latter though I'd have thought, with Brazil looking much the best side in terms of technique, shooting, awareness of each other on the field. Iran have only scored in one of their matches, but have yet to concede either, and ground out a draw with Brazil in the group. They do have (for my money) the most exciting non-Brazilian player in the tournament, in barnstorming attacker Zadaliasghari.

Comment

Fantastic USA v Japan group game in the Wheelchair Rugby, worthy of the final.

Comment

An Iranian cyclist passed away due to falling in the road race. Does anyone know if it was the same track used for the Olympics events? The ones with all those incidents? Can't find anything on that.

Comment

The only information I've seen is that it was on the Grumari loop. That was used in the Olympics for the early stages of the road race and also comprised the time trial course. It doesn't include the dangerous descent where there were all the crashes.

Comment

Sam wrote: My highlight was when my girlfriend and I flicked over and caught the announcement of the medals for the first ever British gymnastics gold, with the guys who took silver and bronze being Brazil's first ever medalists of any colour in gymnastics. All three of them in floods of tears and the entire arena going delightfully nuts. It was wonderful to watch.

Close contenders are Juan Martín Del Potro's showing in the tennis (I was supporting Murray in the final, but Del Potro reaching the final after playing about three sets in the previous decade due to injury was spectacular), Simone Biles and Usain Bolt, and the American guy who threw an Olympic record in shot putt, breaking a record that was so old it was held by a West German from 1988.

Originally posted by Snake Plissken
                        I can't believe I'm actually going to say this but did you see the group rhythmic gymnastics?

This only got seventh

So much going on, I ended up just concentrating on what they were doing with the hoops. How the hell you practice and judge that, I have no idea.
                        Fucking hell. I've never watched the rhythmic gymnastics before. As someone who loves dancing and watching other people dance, I feel like a right dick for having ignored it now. Might have to set aside a while over the next few days to watch the whole programme at some point.
                        Wasn't quite sure where to put this then remembered the enjoyment of the gymnastics on here:

Barry Hearn moves in on Gymnastics.

Comment

IOC announces that both Paris and LA will host the Games in 2024 and 2028, with priority attribution to be determined in September.

Comment

If that's true, it needs to go here...

Comment

Working...
                            X