No announcement yet.

International Cricket Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lasted 11 overs though. Mildred Anyigo the pick of the Uganda bowlers with 3 for 1.

Comment

The Jersey middle order finding the boundary a couple of times. I think they will end up with enough to get to the main qualifier. Now 70/5 after 12 overs.

Comment

And good strike rates again from these two - both on 19 from 22.

Comment

Ward hits a monster six on ball 19.2 over the pavilion.

Comment

19 off the final over! Jersey score 134/5 thanks to that excellent partnership.

To qualify, Germany need not just to win, but to do it at 10 an over.

Comment

I might finally see a Welsh cricket team play ;

Commonwealth Games 2022: Women's T20 cricket set to be included

Comment

Unreal this. Germany are going to get this so close.

Comment

So Germany won the match in 14 overs and 2 balls. Three too many.

Agonisingly ​close but Jersey will go to the UAE in October with a NRR of 1.802 to Germany's 1.749

Comment

The second ODI between Netherlands and Zimbabwe is underway. Netherland won the first one and the second one is live on YouTube here:
                    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6qbCZNfxL_I

Comment

Malaysia v Thailand for any early risers:
                      https://youtu.be/K539_Tdl5Pw

Comment

Anyone in Florida here? India are playing West Indies in Broward County on the 3rd & 4th August (T20I games).

Comment

What are the cricket seasons around the world?

UK is April to September
                          New Zealand and Australia October to March?

And I don't really know about anywhere else and wouldn't like to guess when it's probably determined by rainy seasons.

Comment

Why's the England-Ireland test only a four-day one?

Comment

Because 4 day tests are a thing now.

Comment

Is it more overs per day?

Comment

The one they had in South Africa had 98 overs a day.

Comment

The Women's Ashes Test I think clipped along at 100 a day or thereabouts too.

Comment

That was an attempt to claw back time lost to the rain though, wasn't it?

Comment

Originally posted by Gangster Octopus View Post
                                        Why's the England-Ireland test only a four-day one?
                                        Depending on who bats first is a big factor.
                                        If the weather's good, it might well last only 3 days.

Comment

Women's test matches have an over rate of 17 as opposed to men's tests of 15 (or County Cricket of 16). So that's 102 overs a day as opposed to 90.

Comment

I know that cricket isn't played seriously in many countires but it really is dispiriting when you look at the countires competing in the World Cricket League. How can Hong Kong have a claim to be the 14th strongest cricketing nation in the world?

Comment

Lots of expats. But Hong Kong's population is almost double that of new Zealand.

Comment

Originally posted by George C. View Post
                                                Depending on who bats first is a big factor.
                                                If the weather's good, it might well last only 3 days.
                                                Is that because the result's already been fixed?

Comment

The top ten probably wouldn't be happy having to schedule 5 days against Ireland or Afghanistan. It could also be a trial balloon to make all Tests 4 days so they can fit in more T20s.

Hong Kong are not 14th. They are unranked over 50 overs.

https://www.icc-cricket.com/rankings...m-rankings/odi

19th in T20

https://www.icc-cricket.com/rankings...-rankings/t20i

Comment

Sorry, I was referencing their finishing 4th in the 2015-2017 ICC Intercontinental Cup. Which sadly appears to be the most recent chance for nations to play 1st class cricket.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X