No announcement yet.

International Cricket Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Norway getting much tighter now as well, and the asking rate is creeping up. Great fightback.

Edit - but the final ball of the 13th gets a nick, and beats the keeper, running behind for four.

18 needed from 18.

Comment

1 . 2 . 2 W

Guernsey lose their fifth, going lbw from Raza Iqbal's final ball.

A batter called Stokes comes out now. Guernsey need 13 from 12.
      Last edited by Kevin S; 19-06-2019, 13:16.

Comment

. . 1 W 1 for the 19 year old bowler.

Stokes is caught! Junaid Sheikh with a textbook death over, mixing up a full toss, then good length, followed by the slow ball that drew the error.

Le Tissier comes to the crease. Guernsey need 10 from the final over.
        Last edited by Kevin S; 19-06-2019, 13:17.

Comment

Scores level!

Comment

Guernsey win!

2 1 6 . 1

Hooper's crunching six from a full length ball the key shot in the final over. That was a lot closer and more dramatic than I expected it to be, Guernsey winning with one ball to spare.

Extras were crucial, too. Guernsey conceded three runs, Norway 14.
            Last edited by Kevin S; 19-06-2019, 14:50.

Comment

The Dutch have started their chase in the ODI.
              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2u8diOfl-rU
              Target is 206.

Comment

And the stream for that top-of-the-table T20 clash between Jersey and Italy is up now, with play soon to begin, weather permitting:
                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-B3EX6rTO5c

As well as Denmark v Germany - both sides have won one and lost one so far:
                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZU_dyXmz7o
                Last edited by Kevin S; 19-06-2019, 14:42.

Comment

Well Germany have started bowling very well - they've reduced Denmark to 7/2 after 4 overs.

Meanwhile the Italy - Jersey game is delayed. Hope it gets underway as that match will determine who goes to the main qualifier. If it's no result then I think Jersey will go through on NRR.
                  Last edited by Kevin S; 20-06-2019, 12:20.

Comment

Good recovery from the Danes. And Jersey v Italy is up and running now.

Comment

Yesterdays women's Twenty20 between Rwanda and Mali was a thriller, with the hosts having just 19.2 overs left when they overtook Mali's challenging total of six. Extras top scored for the Malians with five.

Comment

Originally posted by Southport Zeb View Post
                        Yesterdays women's Twenty20 between Rwanda and Mali was a thriller, with the hosts having just 19.2 overs left when they overtook Mali's challenging total of six. Extras top scored for the Malians with five.
                        Bloody hell...had any of the Malians picked up a cricket bat before?

Comment

Wow.

Jersey cruised to victory by the way, so will be pitched into the T20 World Cup qualifier.

Population of just over 100 thousand, similar size to Glamorgan I suppose.
                          Last edited by Kevin S; 20-06-2019, 12:19.

Comment

I picked Glamorgan there purely because of its population but that comparison serves to underline how ridiculous the non-existence of a Wales cricket team is; now more than ever, since we have Channel Islands playing official T20i matches.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin S View Post
                              Wow.

Jersey cruised to victory by the way, so will be pitched into the T20 World Cup qualifier.

Population of just over 100 thousand, similar size to Glamorgan I suppose.
                              Eek - looks like I've called this one game too early. Final matches being played today.

1045: DEN v GRN and NOR v GER
                              1545: DEN v ITA and GER v JER

I think these might be rearranged fixtures from those previously abandoned, hence the double headers for Denmark and Germany. Still, can't see Jersey failing to win the tournament from here.
                              Jersey 4 4 0 0 0 8 +2.673 Qualify to 2019 ICC T20 World Cup Qualifier
                              Italy 4 3 1 0 0 6 –0.456
                              Germany 3 2 1 0 0 4 +0.860
                              Denmark (E) 3 1 2 0 0 2 –0.115
                              Guernsey (H, E) 4 1 3 0 0 2 –0.896
                              Norway (E) 4 0 4 0 0 0 –2.246
                              If you want to watch them:

DEN v GUE= https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ngbi9q1a-Y8
                              NOR v GER = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDpV4IVjh_g
                              Last edited by Kevin S; 20-06-2019, 12:05.

Comment

Germany look set for victory in their first match, against Norway. At 70/3 (7.1/20) needing only 100 to win.

The commentator seems oddly worried by their drop in run rate.

Ah - I understand! It's because of the effect on NRR, with possible qualification on the line if they hit these quickly and then beat Jersey later today!
                                Last edited by Kevin S; 20-06-2019, 12:07.

Comment

Germany win in 11.1 so it's time to get the NRR calculations done ahead of their showdown with Jersey.

Comment

Comment

Right, so I'm having a play with a spread sheet, as you do. Here are some possibilities.

If Jersey bat first and make 160, Germany need to beat it in 14 overs and 1 ball.
                                      If Jersey bat first and make 140, Germany need to beat it in 13 overs and 5 balls.
                                      If Jersey bat first and make 120, Germany need to beat it in 13 overs and 3 balls.
                                      If Jersey bat first and make 100, Germany need to beat it in 13 overs and 0 balls.
                                      If Jersey bat first and make 80, Germany need to beat it in 12 overs and 4 balls.

These above are all based on Germany beating Jersey's total by 1 run in their chase. I suppose if they got scores level then hit a six, that would buy them about 4-5 more balls.

So in summary - if chasing, Germany need to get the job done in about 13 overs.

If Germany don't manage this, then Jersey win the tournament and will go to the global qualifier.
                                      Last edited by Kevin S; 20-06-2019, 14:44. Reason: Jersey are batting first.

Comment

Just getting ready to start this crucial final match.
                                        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UsSEdkbC4PE

Germany won the toss and put Jersey in to bat first, so I'll delete half of the above post.
                                        Last edited by Kevin S; 20-06-2019, 14:50.

Comment

Early wicket for Germany!

Comment

Another! Jersey 8/2... surely they can't throw away their ticket to the UAE?

Comment

But strong batting from the current pair with good strike rates. Five overs in, Jersey are 33/2. I think (the score board wasn't keeping up.)

Comment

Jersey in a little trouble again now, a catch and a stumping later they are 47/4.

Stevens is still out there though and he has 23 off 22 balls. As long as he is there I can't see Germany keeping the total down to something they can chase in 13 overs.
                                                Last edited by Kevin S; 20-06-2019, 15:25.

Comment

Oh, that's Stevens gone then!

Came forward for a big swing and ended up stumped.

Comment

The Malian women may have had an even worse day today than a couple of days ago...

Comment

Working...
                                                    X