No announcement yet.

International Cricket Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm in broad agreement. Although "until the ball is delivered" these days might need to be "until you'd expect the ball to be delivered". The non-striker these days is busy watching the line so they can give a reasoned opinion on any DRS referral that they can't be expected to be watching the bowlers arm for the actual release. Which means that to me, an interrupted run-up that waits for the non-striker to get out of their ground would still seem unsporting.

Comment

The Ireland-England ODI finally gets underway. Who'd've thought that early May in Dublin could be a bit soggy...

Comment

Well, I never knew that you could be stumped off a wide...

What happens if scores are tied and it's the last wicket that goes like that? Do you get the run, or the wicket, or both?

Comment

The match is a tie with ten wickets down. The ball is dead when the stumps are broken so no run.

Comment

Even though the ball passed the stumps in a wide position before the stumps were broken?

Comment

Sorry, my error. The ball is dead as soon as the wide is called so the stumping does not count and the batting side wins by one wicket.

https://sports.stackexchange.com/que...-off-last-ball

Comment

England looking a bit wobbly.

Comment

Good job the ICC stopped Ireland from coming to the World Cup...

Comment

Good game, with a good partnership between Foakes and Tom Curran seeing England home.

Such a frisson of excitement hearing Ian Bell in the commentary box. Get him out there for the Tests, he could still do a job at number five!!! No, wait, listen...

Comment

The Beeb are live streaming the ODI Tri-Series in Ireland - with West Indies v Bangladesh on today:
                      https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/cricket/48138603

Comment

Jofra Archer begins his 50-over England career with two maidens and a wicket. He should be playing for West Indies for my money but he ain't half menacing. Can see him playing all five Ashes Tests as the Pietersen-2005 figure in the team.

Comment

Comment

It's 'orrible round here. Hailstorm right now. I'd be surprised if there's any more play.

Comment

Yes, there's been some rotten weather today. Hammered it down this morning and intermittent hail showers this afternoon.

Comment

[URL]https://twitter.com/guardian_sport/status/1128027804476424192?s=21[/URL]

Comment

I like Jonathan Lieuw, so think I'll come down on his side on this one.

Anyway, sublime 150 from Imam for Pakistan, in admittedly lopsidedly batting-friendly circumstances. They're headed for a big score, which you'd still fancy England to chase, even with Buttler missing.

Comment

Bairstow more than made up for a missing Jos, with a sublime knock. But then we know England can do this more often than not. It's the "not" days that we need to worry about I suppose.

Comment

Is this going to be the World Cup thread?

Comment

No, we should do a proper one.

Comment

Morgan has been given a one match ban for his second over-rate infringement in 12 months and will miss the fourth ODI.

Comment

Still some concerns about England's attack, which is probably why Archer will end up in the first-choice XI for the World Cup. At the moment it's all very Kevin-Keegan's-Newcastle - you score loads, we'll score even more.

Comment

You read i and I claim my sixty-five pence...

Comment

Would it be a turn up for the books if Jonathan Lieuw was actually E10's alias?

Comment

It would be a huge turn up.

Comment

Given that I met E10 when Liew was still in school, it certainly would be.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X