International Cricket Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
    All out for 300 and India enforce the follow on!
    Only 25 overs possible on day four. Day five will start earlier than normal as India chase 10 wickets, can the weather save Australia?

Comment

It probably will because the umpires are interpreting the playing conditions in Dickie Bird style.

Comment

Originally posted by diggedy derek View Post
        So jealous.
        I thought of you as I was posting DD. Kohli came across as a genuinely nice guy. I even got to shake hands with him without him dragging me over the fence and kicking seven types of sh*t out of me which is what the media version of Kohli would have done. Btw, was in Calcutta for the India v West indies T20 back in November - now *that* was a dream come true - India at Eden Gardens...

Comment

Just because, here are the Test series from the last year via Cricinfo - I've added a column to show whether or not it was a win for the hosts, tourists or a drawn series.

Series/Tournament Season Winner Hosts or tourists Margin
          The Ashes (England in Australia) 2017/18 Australia hosts 4-0 (5)
          Freedom Trophy (India in South Africa) 2017/18 South Africa hosts 2-1 (3)
          Sri Lanka in Bangladesh Test Series 2017/18 Sri Lanka tourists 1-0 (2)
          Australia in South Africa Test Series 2017/18 South Africa hosts 3-1 (4)
          England in New Zealand Test Series 2017/18 New Zealand hosts 1-0 (2)
          Pakistan in Ireland Test Match 2018 Pakistan tourists 1-0 (1)
          Pakistan in England Test Series 2018 drawn draw 1-1 (2)
          Afghanistan in India Test Match 2018 India hosts 1-0 (1)
          Sobers/Tissera Trophy (Sri Lanka in West Indies) 2018 drawn draw 1-1 (3)
          Bangladesh in West Indies Test Series 2018 West Indies hosts 2-0 (2)
          South Africa in Sri Lanka Test Series 2018 Sri Lanka hosts 2-0 (2)
          Pataudi Trophy (India in England) 2018 England hosts 4-1 (5)
          West Indies in India Test Series 2018/19 India hosts 2-0 (2)
          Pakistan v Australia Test Series (in United Arab Emirates) 2018/19 Pakistan hosts 1-0 (2)
          Zimbabwe in Bangladesh Test Series 2018/19 drawn draw 1-1 (2)
          England in Sri Lanka Test Series 2018/19 England tourists 3-0 (3)
          West Indies in Bangladesh Test Series 2018/19 Bangladesh hosts 2-0 (2)
          Pakistan v New Zealand Test Series (in United Arab Emirates) 2018/19 New Zealand tourists 2-1 (3)
          Pakistan in South Africa Test Series 2018/19 in progress* hosts 2-0* (3)
          Border-Gavaskar Trophy (India in Australia) 2018/19 India tourists 2-1 (4)
          Sri Lanka in New Zealand Test Series 2018/19 New Zealand hosts 1-0 (2)
          Last edited by Kevin S; 08-01-2019, 14:22. Reason: made an error on SA-PK

Comment

Three series defeats in a row for Australia, too. They need a bit of redemption when hosting the Warne-Murali two Test series in a few weeks' time.

I know we all love seeing this trophy and don't find it at all creepy, so here it is again.

Comment

Sri Lanka are extremely weak currently so I would back even a weak Australia at home. I'm not sure I'd back Aus to beat any of the teams in the top six though (SA, England, Pakistan, India, NZ) even at home so I think Australia minus Smith are current world #6 at best.

Comment

Great to see Dhoni rolling back the years to win the ODI series. Bad luck Australia.

Comment

Originally posted by diggedy derek View Post
                  Bad luck Australia.
                  Yeah, I almost didn't spot the sarcasm there. *snork*

Comment

The ODI in Napier between NZ and India has been stopped for good weather. Sun in the batsmen's eyes apparently.

Comment

Kedar Jadhav's sidearm action is quite something, isn't it? Like grandad bowling to the kids on the beach.

Comment

Originally posted by Satchmo Distel View Post
                        Sri Lanka are extremely weak currently so I would back even a weak Australia at home.
                        SL 102-7 on day one suggests you're probably right.

Comment

Make that 106-8...

Comment

A recovery of sorts to finish on 144. Australia end the day on 72-2.

Comment

Good debut for Richardson

http://www.espncricinfo.com/story/_/...son-makes-home

Comment

This is Sri Lanka's third Test series in two months (two away) – they must be knackered. This series will be a walkover for Australia, from which they'll nonetheless learn little.

Comment

Originally posted by E10 Rifle View Post
                                  This is Sri Lanka's third Test series in two months (two away) – they must be knackered. This series will be a walkover for Australia, from which they'll nonetheless learn little
                                  They'll lose because they're weak, not down to the schedule. Professional cricketers Worldwide now expect to trek the Globe 12 months a year, with all these 2020 circuits.

Good to see Peter Siddle still getting games for Aus, he seems to have been around since the Millennium

Comment

Siddle was not selected but there's a strong case that he should be in the Ashes squad based on experience.

Australia must also be quite tired. Pretty much non-stop since they started the 2018-2019 season in UAE in October. After this series they go to India for 2 T20 and 5 ODIs where they will probably be heavily beaten.
                                    Last edited by Satchmo Distel; 24-01-2019, 13:01.

Comment

Dani Hazell retires from international cricket:
                                      https://www.ecb.co.uk/video/982433/e...to-dani-hazell

Comment

SL back in at the Gabba. End of day two and they're a long way behind.

Comment

Hmmm, as good a place as any to shoehorn this in.......our group got lucky in the ballot for day one of the Ashes test at Lord's - I'm not one for bucket lists and all that, but we've been on about doing this for as long as we've been going to tests, so we are somewhat chuffed.

Apparently Day 3 of the Ireland test is (the only one in that test) over subscribed, presume it's a Saturday?

Comment

Have just seen that there is an interesting T20I thing going on between New Zealand and India. Three matches for the women and three matches for the men, all as double-headers. Wellington tomorrow, Auckland on Friday and Hamilton on Sunday.

Folk may recall that the NZ v India meeting in the women's World T20 in November saw Harmanpreet Kaur score 103 and kick off the tournament thread.

Comment

What’s another word for skittled

http://www.espncricinfo.com/story/_/...side-bowled-10

Comment

NZ women win the second T20I with a single on the final ball.

Comment

That means NZ have an unassailable 2-0 lead in the women's series. They also won the first men's match and the second one is in progress now. India looking good for a successful chase to set up a decider on Sunday here.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X