No announcement yet.

International Cricket Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This last session today in Adelaide looks crucial. As I write Kohli and Pujara in and India 104/2. If those two stay together for long it may make this beyond Australia. But one of them gets out soon and I suspect the lower middle order and tail will crumble rapidly.

Comment

151/3 at stumps. Lead of 166. Kohli out late in the day to leave things fairly close. India the slight favourites but I could easily see them collapsing tomorrow morning and leaving Australia a gettable score. Having said that apparently Australia haven't chased down more than 200 at Adelaide in 100 years.

Comment

It's a very inexperienced Australian batting side too. I'd definitely take India's position here, though the Kohli wicket has kept Australia in it.

Comment

Australia have a bad history of chasing in the 4th innings. They need someone to make a big century that everyone else can support.

Comment

BTW, I recommend the Cricket Australia highlights on You Tube, which don't seem to be geo-blocked.

Day Three is here. There are about 60 clips in total so far.

Comment

Blocked for the UK

Comment

Ah, crap

Comment

I have seen the Cummins run out of Pujara, which was stunning.

Comment

Available in the US!

I think Ashwin is the key man. Don't think the Aussies can chase 250+ against him.
                    Last edited by Satchmo Distel; 08-12-2018, 14:55.

Comment

Yes, Cummins/Pujara is one of the greatest run outs that I've ever seen. Definitely worth looking for if the CA clips are blocked.

Comment

Woohoo available in Romania. Not often that happens

Comment

Australia’s reward for breaking the stubborn Kohli Pujara partnership is unfortunately for them the next best thing, a Pujara Rahane combo.

Comment

Pujara goes but I think India already have enough: 236-4, lead of 251.

Comment

Australia 104-4 chasing 323. Should be a comfortable India win.

Comment

You can hear ABC coverage on 5live Sports Extra. An uneventful first half hour till Ishant Sharma bowls a snorter to remove Head.

Comment

Marsh goes while I’m in and out of sleep. Tough road for Australia now. They have been fighting hard but not making enough progress to assert much authority on the game.
                                  Last edited by diggedy derek; 10-12-2018, 01:25.

Comment

Paine skies a pull and it is only a matter of time.

Comment

Australia are making them sweat a bit here...

Comment

Startling to find out that this this is only India's 6th test match win in Australia - ever

Comment

Winning tests away from home has never, ever been easy. I suspect there are quite a few oddly low looking numbers across the matrix of head-to-heads.

The campaign for real tests would rate this game very highly. An even contest between bat and ball, played on a pitch that was not a road but instead offered bowlers of various styles something to work with but not giving gifts. Batsmen who grafted and were patient could accumulate a score, but that was the only way - trying to cow the bowlers by attacking was counterproductive. It all resulted in an even contest with ~30 runs per wicket that concluded on day 5. Ticks almost every box.

Comment

Partnerships after the 4th wicket went down at 84:
                                            31, 41, 31, 41, 31, 32
                                            rather let down by that last one, 9 more runs would have been ideal.

Comment

Originally posted by Janik View Post
                                              Winning tests away from home has never, ever been easy. I suspect there are quite a few oddly low looking numbers across the matrix of head-to-heads.
                                              Are they still planning that World Test championship thing? I can envisage that league table being swayed quite dramatically by the odd away win like this.

Comment

But stopping on 32 did make for a 31-run Indian win. Maybe that is what they were going for?

Comment

Originally posted by Janik View Post
                                                  But stopping on 32 did make for a 31-run Indian win. Maybe that is what they were going for?
                                                  Maybe. Cunning.

Comment

Originally posted by ad hoc View Post
                                                    Startling to find out that this this is only India's 6th test match win in Australia - ever
                                                    It’s the first time they’ve ever taken a lead in a series in Australia too.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X