Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Satchmo Distel
    replied
    Malinga finishes 4-1-6-5. Won the game on his own.

Leave a comment:

• Satchmo Distel
    replied
    Malinga has 5/3 in the T20 v NZ

Leave a comment:

• Ray de Galles
    replied
    Rahmat Shah has recorded their first test century too.

Leave a comment:

• Satchmo Distel
    replied
    Afghanistan doing very well in the solitary Test in Bangladesh, who are 219 behind with six wickets down on a dodgy pitch.

Leave a comment:

• Satchmo Distel
    replied
    Bumrah 6-16 at the close; with three bunnies left in, he could still claim a 9-fer.

Leave a comment:

• ursus arctos
    replied
    More destructive than Dorian at the moment

[URL="https://twitter.com/espncricinfo/status/1167897996836524033?s=21"]https://twitter.com/espncricinfo/status/1167897996836524033[/URL]

Leave a comment:

• Ray de Galles
    replied
    Have we covered the fact that 22 stone plus 6'5" Rahkeem Cornwall has become the heaviest ever test cricketer with his debut for the West Indies against India today.

Leave a comment:

• ursus arctos
    replied
    Yikes

https://twitter.com/TheCricketerMag/status/1167070299696840705

Leave a comment:

• Satchmo Distel
    replied
    SL v NZ is heading, due to weather, to the first drawn match in SL in 26 Tests.

Leave a comment:

• Satchmo Distel
    replied
    I think 45 balls for a duck for Cummins puts him in the Top 10 all-time. Geoff Allott 77 balls is the record.

Leave a comment:

• Etienne
    replied
    Fairly extraordinary partnership between Holder and Cummins. 36* so far from 14.3 overs. Nothing remarkable in that, but Cummins is still 0*.

Leave a comment:

• Satchmo Distel
    replied
    India now firmly in control of this one. India 297, WI 189-8.

Meanwhile SL have moved slightly ahead in the 2nd Test v NZ by snapping up Taylor. SL 244, NZ 89-3.

I wonder if three Tests going on concurrently in August is a record? Playing international cricket in WI and/or Asia in the former off-season is now a given.

Leave a comment:

• Satchmo Distel
    replied
    28/3. Kohli gone.

Leave a comment:

• Satchmo Distel
    replied
    India 10-2 in the First Test at North Sound, Antigua

Leave a comment:

• Ray de Galles
    replied
    Originally posted by ad hoc View Post
    Thanks for the heads up Kev. Actually a mate of mine is sort of the manager/coach/kit man for Cluj, though I hadn't realised this tourney was starting now (I knew they were in it).

I suspect that Pavel Florin is one of the only one or two actual Romanians in the team which may be why he seems to be the social media face of the club (Cluj is the centre of Romania's hi tech industry and as such hosts a fair number of young men from the Indian subcontinent)
    Florin is at Lord's today and about to be interviewed on TMS.

Leave a comment:

• Satchmo Distel
    replied
    SL cruising at the end of Day 4: 133-0 chasing 268

Leave a comment:

• Kevin S
    replied
    Apparently the highest successful chase ever at Galle is just 99.

Leave a comment:

• E10 Rifle
    replied
    Looks an intriguing one that. NZ now 98-4 in second innings but if they can get a lead of more than 150 you'd fancy them to win. Sri Lanka are such a curious Test team at the moment, though mostly quite a weak one.

Leave a comment:

• Kevin S
    replied
    Looks like the first innings scores will be close in Galle; SL are 262/9 after NZ's 249 in the first Test.
    Last edited by Kevin S; 16-08-2019, 05:24.

Leave a comment:

• ad hoc
    replied
    Originally posted by ad hoc View Post
    Thanks for the heads up Kev. Actually a mate of mine is sort of the manager/coach/kit man for Cluj, though I hadn't realised this tourney was starting now (I knew they were in it).

I suspect that Pavel Florin is one of the only one or two actual Romanians in the team which may be why he seems to be the social media face of the club (Cluj is the centre of Romania's hi tech industry and as such hosts a fair number of young men from the Indian subcontinent)
    Just seen a photo of my mate with Florin on Facebook, so he obviously went too.

Leave a comment:

• Kevin S
    replied
    Gower's been alright whenever I've heard him. Doesn't say stuff just for the sake of saying stuff, and doesn't get over excited.

Leave a comment:

• Satchmo Distel
    replied
    Gower and Botham are apparently both being retired by Sky. It doesn't affect me personally but I wonder if Sky thinks it's time to go back to trained broadcasters and also to cut ties with commentators whom they signed up in the 90s, especially Gower from what had become a declining Beeb operation.

Alternatively do they want less "in my day" ism?

Leave a comment:

• ad hoc
    replied
    Cluj appear to have lost every game they've played but I don't think that will be much of a surprise. It will have been fun anyway

Leave a comment:

• ad hoc
    replied

Last edited by ad hoc; 31-07-2019, 09:09.

Leave a comment:

• Ray de Galles
    replied
    Freesports are showing the European Cricket League, a T10 competition that bills itself as "The Champions League of European Cricket'.

Catalunya Cricket Club beat St Petersburg Lions earlier.

Edit, ah, didn't see the page split.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X