No announcement yet.

International Cricket Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Superb performance by India. For all Kohli’s faults, his competitiveness makes for serious Test cricket

Comment

Another suicide single, India miss hilariously.

Ngini clubs last ball down the ground for 4.

Comment

Dean Elgar hits a six! Even this last wicket partnership is great stuff. Trouble is it leaves full over for Ngidi.

Comment

That's it!

Comment

Highly entertaining

Three more tests, please.

Comment

Brilliant stuff

Comment

This has been a great test series. Three tests with few high sores but lots of tight battles, and some superb bowling.

Comment

Totally agree G-Man and some excellent and inspired captaincy too. Shame they scratched a fourth test in favour of a couple more ODI's.

Comment

First ever three test series in which 120 wickets fell.

Comment

Maybe they could add on an extra test at the end of the tour, like Australia and England did in 1970-1. The seventh test. It wasn't universally popular among the players.

Comment

I think these Tests actually lose money, strange as it seems. Ashes were huge money-spinners in 1970-71.

Comment

Probably also a record for lowest strike rates and averages: 9 pace bowlers all averaged below 26, most under 21. Possibly the highest class pace bowling seen in a series if we judge it by the weakest bowler on display across both teams. Neither attack had a weak link in the pace department, which I just can't recall ever seeing before.

Comment

The top five ODI teams in the updated ranking are:

120 South Africa
                            119 India
                            116 England
                            115 New Zealand
                            112 Australia

And of course it so happens that New Zealand have five matches against England in Feb-Mar while South Africa v India moves to the 50-over game on Thursday (weirdly, playing a series of six matches).

Comment

Bangladesh v SL Test: both teams racking up big scores at just under 4 an over. "Current Partnership :187 runs, 45.3 overs, RR: 4.1 (DM de Silva 104, BKG Mendis 83)."

Comment

1-0 to India, with Kohli yet again making a ton in a successful ODI chase.

Does anyone else listen to 'Stumped'? It's on the world service and, fittingly for this thread, Alison Mitchell takes a look at cricket across the globe. You can catch up on iPlayer Radio - the last one I heard had a section about Ngidi which was excellent.

Comment

So, I caught a bit of Big Bash stuff today on, of all channels, NBC Sport. I'm sure it doesn't really belong on the "International" cricket thread, but I don't know where else to put this.

The thing that got me was that it looked like an umpires was wearing a helmet. When did this happen? And, more importantly, why? Isn't it just going to be uncomfortable and marginally restrict the vision? Without offering any benefit, either, given that nobody's bowling bouncers at square leg.

Comment

More than two years, now

Comment

The Big Bash is cricket's version of "Oh, is he still playing?".

Comment

Originally posted by San Bernardhinault View Post
                                        So, I caught a bit of Big Bash stuff today on, of all channels, NBC Sport. I'm sure it doesn't really belong on the "International" cricket thread, but I don't know where else to put this.
                                        Here

Comment

Bit depressing that the front page of the Cricinfo page leads on the Big Bash and that information on the Bangla-Lanka test is nowhere prominent. I know the front page varies depending on geography, but as I'm sure I will have either the English or the International one I don't see why it should assume an interest in Aussie domestic cricket outweighs a Test match.

Comment

To save you having to look, Sri Lanka look like overtaking Bandgladesh's 513 with plenty of room to spare.

Comment

Originally posted by Etienne View Post
                                              Bit depressing that the front page of the Cricinfo page leads on the Big Bash and that information on the Bangla-Lanka test is nowhere prominent. I know the front page varies depending on geography, but as I'm sure I will have either the English or the International one I don't see why it should assume an interest in Aussie domestic cricket outweighs a Test match.
                                              Hear, hear.

Edit - just realised I've posted 'Here' and 'Hear, hear' on this thread today. Should probably up my game a bit.

Comment

The Bangladesh/Sri Lanka test brings back memories of the ridiculous series between SL and Pakistan that might as well have been played on well paved highways.

SL currently 504 for 3 in reply to Bangladesh's 513
                                                Last edited by ursus arctos; 02-02-2018, 14:44.

Comment

Glorious. If only it was a Timeless Test.

Comment

Especially impressive now that I see that Sri Lanka were 0 for 1

They put on 308 for the second wicket

Comment

Working...
                                                    X