Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

235-7 at stumps. Below par.

Comment

Most of the wickets fell in the final session, with the pink ball under floodlights. England have left out Jenny Gunn in favour of stronger batters. This looks like a mistake, as England need some kind of result defeat means the Aussies would be 6 points up with only 6 points left to play for, i.e. they would have already retained the Ashes. England's best hope of victory now is a low scoring game. Which is the sort of match where bowlers are more important than batsmen...

Comment

England's batters have not taken the chances they needed to. Their bowlers need to step up to keep them in this, and from following it thus far, Australia seem to have the wood on the England pace attack thus far.

To tell the truth, England have been quite disappointing thus far. Still time though.

Comment

FreeSports, the Aldi of sport TV channels have every game from the Bangladesh T20 Premier League LIVE and EXCLUSIVE.

Comment

I'm not sure bowlers are more important than batsmen in lower scoring games, in fact I'd tend to think the opposite. To be honest, I can't see where the England wickets are going to come from whether Gunn played or not.

Comment

England all out for 280 but bowling well Australia 61-3 at present

Comment

170 odd for 5 at stumps. England have kept Australia in check quite impressively, but the formidable Perry is still there. Good effort early to push up to 280 for England. This is nicely poised now.

Comment

Perry absolutely monstering this with 174 and still going - potentially series-winning innings

Comment

She ended with 200+*, but England have responded with 200 odd for 2 and the match has petered out as a draw. Lifeless pitch by all accounts. A fifth day would have been nice to have...
                    England still in big trouble in the series despite surviving. Two points behind doesn't sound massive with three T20 games offering two points each, but remember that the Aussies only need to draw the series to retain the Ashes. So England need to win three from three or two and a tie/wash-out. The host just need a single win, and have three gos at getting it.

Comment

A fifth day would have been pretty interesting there

Comment

England did well to post 132 after being 16-4, thanks to 50 from Wyatt and useful contributions from Sciver and Wilson. But Beth Mooney is demolishing them.

Comment

Oh, and Pujara is showing that he is streets ahead of any other Indian batsman when the ball is moving around.

Comment

Was a really good test between India and Sri Lanka. First day collapse by India as the ball moved everywhere for Lakmal, and all out for 172. Sri Lanka made a solid start, then collapsed, before Herath's 67 allowed them to take a lead of 122. With batting conditions better, Dhawan, Rahul and Kohli all hit big runs and India declared before tea on the final day. Sri Lanka were quickly 2-2, then 22-4, but just about managed to cling on for a draw seven down.

Comment

And too little, too late, but England won the second WT20, and can still tie the series.

Comment

Dani Wyatt's blistering ton off 57 balls means the series was squared, which is a fine result really, but Australia were better overall and deservedly retained the Ashes. England need some more wicket taking bowlers.

Comment

That must have been an amazing last innings, I stopped following when Australia were about 170 for 2. Heartening result to draw the series, but Australia were the better team throughout. The decision to take, I think, only two fast-ish bowlers looks odd. Who's that very tall teenager? They should take her.

Comment

Wellington looking resplendent under the NZ sun. Windies are the visitors for 2 tests 3 ODIs and 3 T20s. Good to see no matches at Auckland and all being played at something that NZ has in spades; proper, attractive cricket grounds.

Comment

Broadcast on ESPN online, so I can watch while I work. Grass banks, sunshine, WI making a decent start. Lovely background to my afternoon. Thanks for letting me know it's on Foxy.

Comment

Glad to know that your afternoon is a better one SB. Sadly the Windies decent start has hit the buffers; 79/3 at lunch with Neil Wagner's accurate short-pitched stuff at 4th seamer prooving to be a decisive factor.

Comment

And 80/4. Cracking delivery by Wagner to get Hetmyer, I thought (audio off while I work, so I don't know if that's the consensus opinion). My initial opinion that it was an odd decision to put WI in now seems wrong.

Comment

Sunil Ambris's first ball in test cricket bowled by Neil Wagner and he is working the ball off his legs for an easy single but has stepped back twice and his back leg dislodges the bails. Out first ball hit wicket - the worst debut in test history maybe.

Comment

WI 75/1 to 97/7. Some bowling this by Neil Wagner.

Comment

And now Dowrich managed to get himself run out at the non-strikers end by a direct hit. I feel sorry for Ambris with the hit wicket, but NZ are playing with some serious intensity here.

England might get clean-swept in both their test series this winter.

Comment

There's a test match starting in NZ today? Who knew? Honestly, the build-up has been barely noticeable in local media, where one cricket story dominates, featuring a player who isn't in any test side and is prohibited from talking to the media anyway. Never mind the perennial concerns about tests being overshadowed by T20, now it's even smaller news than a provincial game this weekend.

Anyway ... the boy Wagner done good.

Comment

Fourth best Test innings from a NZ bowler.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X