International Cricket Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post
    Is this being televised anywhere in the UK?
    It's not on BT sport, they've only got Australia's home tests. There must be a stream somewhere.

Comment

I got some of the first Test on a dubious stream involving the name Willow Cricket. Mostly though I'm just checking Cricinfo. Speaking of which, it looks like Bangladesh aren't putting Australia under much pressure.

Comment

Warner gets his ton.

Comment

Shaping up fascinatingly now, lead under fifty with just three wickets left.

Warner is a hateful wanker, but fair play to him, he is a proper player.

Comment

Warner says he's calmed down a lot.

Comment

I always felt the casual racism was much more of an issue than the fight with Root. So that article goes no way towards me starting to warm to him in any way

Comment

Originally posted by ad hoc View Post
                I always felt the casual racism was much more of an issue than the fight with Root. So that article goes no way towards me starting to warm to him in any way
                I was never that bothered with the whole Root thing neither. But is there a link to the casual racism? I have a soft spot for Warner and don't wish to foster warm thoughts about a wrong 'un.

Comment

That whole "Speak English" thing was pretty dodgy I thought

And I clearly wasn't alone https://redflag.org.au/article/racis...ad-look’

Comment

Fair enough. He's still a dick.

Comment

Duly noted, with thanks.

Comment

Lyon has emerged as potentially a key man in the Ashes. His record relative to that of Ali will be crucial.

Comment

You'd think Bangladesh need to scrape at least another 70 runs. Unlikely.

Comment

Meh.

Comment

Formality now: Australia need to come in and knock off 86 for the Test win and to draw the series.

Comment

Australia are 48/3, making relatively heavy weather of this tiny chase.

Comment

And now they've finished the job.

Comment

International cricket is about to return to Pakistan as they take on a World XI in Lahore.

Comment

I was watching Sky's programme only recently* with Athers interviewing Imran Khan and reflecting on the impact cricket's absence must be having on fans in Pakistan. Good to see there is an effort to return cricket to Pakistan.

* They show it roughly every three and half minutes** when there's no actual cricket to broadcast
                                      ** Give or take

Comment

Australia need 238 in 37 overs to beat India on Duckworth Lewis. Seems a lot tougher than the original 282 off 50.

But now there is more rain. India in September, what could possibly go wrong?

Comment

They are on with basically a T20 innings. It's not going very well for Australia.

Comment

Lost it when it started raining, I would surmise. Ended up in a T20 chase with a 50 over line-up.

Comment

Sad to hear that Australia spinner of the 80s, Bob Holland, has passed away from cancer at the age of 70. He made his test debut at 32. I remember watching him at Edgbaston in the 1985 Ashes where he got a lot of stick stick from the crowd but seemed to enjoy it.

Comment

Originally posted by Antepli Ejderha View Post
                                                Sad to hear that Australia spinner of the 80s, Bob Holland, has passed away from cancer at the age of 70. He made his test debut at 32. I remember watching him at Edgbaston in the 1985 Ashes where he got a lot of stick stick from the crowd but seemed to enjoy it.
                                                First class debut at 32. Test debutant at 38. Big win versus WI at Sydney with match figures of 10-144. Played a big role at Lord's in 1985 with a 5-68 2nd innings haul; then 10-174 v NZ back at Sydney. But last Test at Sydney was a failure v India, who presumably were more savvy against spin than WI or NZ.

Comment

A Kuldeep Yadav hat trick helps India beat Australia by 50 runs.

Comment

Meanwhile, in Bristol and Brixton

https://www.ecb.co.uk/news/482544

Comment

Working...
                                                    X