Reality NFL 2008

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reality NFL 2008

I don't have Sky Sports, so it's nice to see live NFL on terrestrial again, where people who know what they're talking about actually talk about the game during the breaks, instead of being bombarded by adverts for Scared-Of-People Carriers and deep-fried meat products.

Comment

Reality NFL 2008

According to Aussie papers, I believe it is!

Comment

Reality NFL 2008

Welcome to the game, Larry Fitzgerald!

Comment

Reality NFL 2008

Wow. What a 180 turn of events!!! I was pretty sure the flag would be a hold on the run back. The INT alone still would have been a big turnaround, but WOW!

Comment

Reality NFL 2008

Unbelievable!

Comment

Reality NFL 2008

TD stands! Incredible run.

Comment

Reality NFL 2008

That's one of the most remarkable plays in Super Bowl history.

I feel bad for Ken Wisenhunt having to do the stupid interview after a punch to the nuts like that. How do you think he feels? What's he supposed to say?

Where were we supposed to get the 3D glasses for these ads? I got some when we went to see Bolt! but we gave them to my nephew and niece.

Comment

Reality NFL 2008

Hey, it's Alistair Kirkwood! I've interviewed him as well!

http://londonist.com/2008/10/nfl_wembley_posts_perceptions.php

Comment

Reality NFL 2008

Wow! What a half!

On that last throw by the Cards, I was thinking "Don't throw an interception! Don't throw an interception!" and what did Warner do?

I wonder if that will destroy their confidence? I'm pretty sure it will destroy the dressing room atmosphere.

The thing is, the TD throw to Patrick was miraculous! I couldn't believe he got that pass off and Patrick brought it down.

Yes, I have wanted the Steelers to win all along, but I never like to see a walkover and I was hoping Arizona would keep it tight. Thus, I was quite pleased when they got that remarkable tip and interception. However, they were about to take the lead - something almost unthinkable - and instead I think they might have irrevocably blown it.

If the Cards score another touchdown now, I'll be quite surprised. However, they can still win it, if they stop the Steelers from scoring at all. The thing is, can they do that? I doubt it.

I think the second half will either see the Steelers run away with it, or it'll be a massive defensive stalemate.

Comment

Reality NFL 2008

Oh yeah - and I think the Cards made a huge mistake not receiving the kickoff. If they'd been able to get a TD on the opening drive, that would have been a huge surprise in itself.

Comment

Reality NFL 2008

Was that roadie in-bounds after he juggled the Telecaster?

Comment

Reality NFL 2008

What odds could you have got on the half-time TD scorers being Gary Russell, Ben Patrick and James Harrison?

Comment

Reality NFL 2008

Even if he doesn't do anything the rest of the game, if the Steelers win, James Harrison has to be MVP, right? He should at least get it as a make up for not getting one single vote for regular season MVP.

That's one of the most remarkable plays in Super Bowl history.
                            3 of the most remarkable in the last 3 Super Bowls:

--Devin Hester's return TD from the opening kickoff
                            --Tyree's catch
                            --Harrison's interception return

Where were we supposed to get the 3D glasses for these ads? I got some when we went to see Bolt! but we gave them to my nephew and niece.
                            I'm not sure. 7-Eleven or someplace like that, maybe? I think it's cool that more things are coming out in 3D, but if they're doing 3D on television, I wish they could find a way to make it non-headache inducing for people that aren't wearing the 3D glasses.

Comment

Reality NFL 2008

I wonder if Bruce will play Born In the USA? Some controversial lyrics right there.

Comment

Reality NFL 2008

I can't stand the Boss, but I do love Clarence Clemons.

Comment

Reality NFL 2008

Hester's return would seem more remarkable if the Bears had won. I imagine somebody made a lot of money on a long odds prop bet in Las Vegas with that play.

This is by far the best halftime show I can ever remember. Bruce should do it every year.

Comment

Reality NFL 2008

And now the Gospel choir is joining in with Union City Blue...

Comment

Reality NFL 2008

The best part about that Janet Jackson bullshit was that it expunged the world of shitbag little turds like Nelly and Justin Timberlake and got some real monsters back like Tom Petty, Prince, and the Boss.

This is truly incredible.

Comment

Reality NFL 2008

I was thinking the same thing, JV.

This is the ideal closing number, I think, although the change in lyrics from baseball to football was unnecessary.

Comment

Reality NFL 2008

I thought the Stones were very good a few years back. And I don't like the Stones usually.

Comment

Reality NFL 2008

and Silvio made it out of his coma.

Comment

Reality NFL 2008

I'd forgotten the Stones did it. They were pretty good. Surprisingly, I thought.

I don't know where they can go from here for that "monster" act. Townsend and Daltry? Page and Plant?

Comment

Reality NFL 2008

Have The Who done this recently? Their ideal territory, I would have thought.

Hang on. Why is the Boss being booed as he finishes an excellent set?

Comment

Reality NFL 2008

We (and the BBC) have been very lucky to have the games - and shows - we've had the last couple of years.

Comment

Reality NFL 2008

That was great half-time fun. Good work, Bruce.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X