Reality NFL 2008

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reality NFL 2008

This is a bit like New Orleans / San Diego at Wembley. Seconds to go, but the leading team may have to punt and then defend a return and a Hail Mary.

Comment

Reality NFL 2008

OK, a 93 yard Hail Mary...

Comment

Reality NFL 2008

I want to know why Edgerrin James couldn't have played this well when he was on my fantasy team.

Comment

Reality NFL 2008

That was a good prediction there, statto.

Comment

Reality NFL 2008

(:09) (Shotgun) 5-D.McNabb pass short left to 10-D.Jackson to PHI 5 for -2 yards. Lateral to 36-B.Westbrook to PHI 5 for no gain. FUMBLES, recovered by PHI-10-D.Jackson at PHI 3. 10-D.Jackson to PHI 15 for 12 yards. FUMBLES, RECOVERED by ARI-90-D.Dockett at PHI 12. 90-D.Dockett to PHI 8 for 4 yards (80-K.Curtis).
            I guess that'll be the end, then?

Comment

Reality NFL 2008

Which bit of the various bits I got hopelessly wrong, FF?

Comment

Reality NFL 2008

Squawk!

I'm just glad that there'll be a team from the West in the SB, no one to root for otherwise. And a QB carrying a pension book is a huge plus too.

Now if the Ravens can dispose of the terminally boring Steelers it'll make a perfect afternoon.

Comment

Reality NFL 2008

O Philly
                  _________

O Philly
                  It's not that you're completely worthless
                  I mean I had a few very good days there
                  like the day at the Franklin Mint
                  when our fat cunt of a teacher wouldn't let us
                  buy pretzels and
                  "Wheres The Beef" pins - when that Wendys commerical was so popular

But you are worthless
                  in the sense of cat food
                  ....not the cat food that my cats actually eat
                  but the cat food that they actually don't
                  the stuff that dries up like flies in the south-facing window
                  the stuff that not only loses to dried up fossils like Fassel, or Warner
                  but the type that Quentin Demps cheapshots

You're so worthless
                  You're so nothing
                  You're such a black hole
                  You reflect no light
                  You're a walking, existing nothing

You're peeling paint
                  thinking you're shabby chic
                  but really existing in a flashy post-modern design

You're a neon sign exuding no light

You're a wireless signal with no signal

You're a street sign faced the wrong direction

Fuck you Philly

Fuck You philly

Fuck You Forever, PHLadelphia

Fuck Mayor Nutter

Fuck his closed libraries.

Fuck the bomb that Mayor Goode dropped on those smelly MOVE maniacs

Fuck Mayor Rizzo and his ice-skating rink

Fuck the Flyers, and the Sixers, and Doctor "Lose Almost All Finals" J

Fuck Ben Frankin, and his flashing his nasty schemecel to Paris, France

Fuck the Liberty Smell, and its crack in the ass of your smelly ass of a shitty

Fuck Philly Forever

You Losers
                  You Losers
                  You Losers
                  You Losers
                  You Losers
                  You Losers
                  Fuck Philly Forever
                  You Losers
                  You Losers
                  You Losers
                  You Losers
                  Fuck Philly Forever
                  You Losers
                  You Losers
                  You Losers
                  You Losers
                  No Phillies "Championship" of a second-rate sport can salvage your wreck of a lame-ass shitty
                  No Sixers Championship of 26 years ago can save you
                  You're stuck to the Piggles

Fuck Em
                  Fuck Em
                  Fuck Em

Rot like Your Accent
                  Rot Like Your Mayor Rizzo
                  Rot

Comment

Reality NFL 2008

They've got wireless in your local bar, then, JV?

;-)

Comment

Reality NFL 2008

Statto - It was "OK, a 93 yard Hail Mary...". You wrote that before the Eagles had to begin their last drive of the game on the 7 yard line.

Comment

Reality NFL 2008

Ahh, FF, the joys of the NFL Game Center...

Comment

Reality NFL 2008

Was I on a time delay?

Ohhhh, I know what happened. I paused it for a minute to go to the kitchen. I must not have FF'd it to catch up to reality.

Comment

Reality NFL 2008

I'm happy McGahee was okay, but to tell you the truth, Ike Hilliard's hit had me a lot more scared (as his head actually twisted pretty close to Linda Blair's.)

Congrats to Pitt. That game last year in Phoenix was really good, so hopefully this year's will be as well.

What else is there to say other than one Pennsey team showed how it's done, and the other showed how not to do it.

Comment

Reality NFL 2008

And Palomalu is all that and then some, tall black and handsome.

Comment

Reality NFL 2008

JV, I liked you more when you're space bar was broken.. you typed less..

Comment

Reality NFL 2008

My apologies, they inspired my muse to write poetry.

Such as a short one...

The Muse of HDTV

They try to win leagues, but they don't have a cluedeo
                                  If McNabb was a song, he'd be "Su-Su-Soodeo."

Finally seeing both hapless penguin flaps resting on his spleen,
                                  I realize they invented wide angle HDTV to fit Andy Reid on the screen.

Comment

Reality NFL 2008

Is he even larger than he was last year?

Comment

Reality NFL 2008

jason voorhees wrote:
                                      I'm happy McGahee was okay
                                      Is he going to be alright? All I heard on ESPN this morning was that the hospital was saying he was "neurologically intact." Which is something that's undoubtedly good after that hit, but something that, you know, you kind of take for granted, and hearing that's all they said was worrying. It's like wrecking your car and the garage telling you first off that "all four wheels remain on the vehicle." Not encouraging.

Comment

Reality NFL 2008

Also, I'm looking forward to seeing AJ Daulerio get hit in the face with a cookie sheet (not as much as I would enjoy seeing Will Leitch get hit with a cookie sheet, though).

Comment

Reality NFL 2008

I think that if the Cardinals win the SuperBowl, I may not be able to watch pro football anymore. It will all seem so senseless and confusing.

Comment

Reality NFL 2008

So as I will, anyway, as is my habit, watch the Superbowl, because I like the spectacle of it, is there a "goody" v "baddy" thing I can get into this year?

I knew from previous years the Steelers weren't everyone's favourites, they're kind of like the Arsenal of American Football, but I didn't realise there was an OTF backlash against the Cardinals. I thought the "60 years" thing kind of made them everyone's favourites. No? Are they like the MK Dons, because they're now in Phoenix not St Louis?

Comment

Reality NFL 2008

Incandenza wrote:
                                              jason voorhees wrote:
                                              I'm happy McGahee was okay
                                              Is he going to be alright? All I heard on ESPN this morning was that the hospital was saying he was "neurologically intact." Which is something that's undoubtedly good after that hit, but something that, you know, you kind of take for granted, and hearing that's all they said was worrying. It's like wrecking your car and the garage telling you first off that "all four wheels remain on the vehicle." Not encouraging.
                                              Latest update on McGahee.

We all knew that this was going to be a 'bruising encounter', but that hit was up there with the biggest I've ever seen. Okay, you'll get one bloke in a collision knocked off his feet quite often, but both of them? That was remarkable. I'm glad he's okay. He'd been such a major part of the Ravens' attack up until that point, too.

Comment

Reality NFL 2008

I knew from previous years the Steelers weren't everyone's favourites, they're kind of like the Arsenal of American Football, but I didn't realise there was an OTF backlash against the Cardinals. I thought the "60 years" thing kind of made them everyone's favourites. No? Are they like the MK Dons, because they're now in Phoenix not St Louis?
                                                The Steelers are, somewhat quietly, the most consistently successful NFL team over the last 30 years. If they win in two weeks they'll have more Super Bowl wins, 6, then any other team.

But I don't think there's a lot of hate for them outside of their natural rivalries. Fans generally respect the great loyalty of their fans and the great loyalty of the team to Pittsburgh, a city that didn't have much else going for it during the 70s and 80s. The Rooney family is widely regarded as everything a pro team owner should be. I agree. I've come to really like the Steelers because I have so much respect for the way the Rooneys do things (contrasted to the behavior of Dan Snyder of my local Redskins or Mike Brown of my former favorite team the Bengals).

People don't dislike the Cardinals because they moved. Several franchises have moved.

Fans are dismayed by this particular Cardinals team getting to the SuperBowl because they weren't really very good in the regular season. They won their division because the other three teams in it were pretty hopeless this year. They only won 9 games and lost several, including one to the Eagles, by a huge margin. Because they were a division winner, they got a higher seed than they deserved and therefore got two of three playoff games at home. They beat Carolina largely because Carolina's QB had an abysmal game.

So it feels like they only got here by luck and because of one really good player (Fitzgerald.)

Also, because they've always sucked in the past and have been plagued by fairly incompetent ownership, they don't have massive fan support, so all of the fans on their bandwagon now are perceived by the rest of the country as Johnny-Come-Latelys.

Comment

Reality NFL 2008

No? Are they like the MK Dons, because they're now in Phoenix not St Louis?

Nah. They were in Chicago before that, moving cities rarely raises an eyebrow.

I'm one for the Cards. Warner brings hope to geezers everywhere, and even though they're a despised sun-belt team they're bona-fide underdogs and from west of the east to boot.

Plus the Steelers seriously suck. They have a lifetime curse on them for beating the only Seahawks team that will ever get to the Superbowl in my lifetime. Not only are they the "Arsenal of American football" they're the 1970-71 Arsenal: Deeefence Deeefenze Deeefenzzzze, Defenzzzzzzzze, Dfzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. They're horrible and they'll win 'cos they usually do and I won't like it but I expect it. If, though, if — and it's a big one — if the Cardinals pull it out it will make my week. Month even.

Comment

Reality NFL 2008

Cardinals for me too. I was hoping for a Cards-Ravens SB, but the Ravens had other plans.

I think my rule of thumb is that if my team aren't playing, I go for the underdog.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X