Reality NFL 2008

Me too!

JV, explain please.

Comment

Reality NFL 2008

And Inca!

Comment

Reality NFL 2008

I thought both posts were pretty straightforward--I relate a quote from Michael Irvin and say how I wish more people spoke like Michael Irvin did, and jv asked if I was retarded.

Being that I was writing about Michael Irvin, jv's question is entirely fair. Maybe I should say that I don't wish people talked exactly like Michael Irvin, just that they phrased things awkwardly and in the third person, like he did.

Or perhaps a movie--rather than Being John Malkovich, where everyone can get in John Malkovich's head and control him, have a movie where the entire world is a figment of Michael Irvin's coke-fueled imagination, and people think to themselves "I know what time it is" when they have guns pointed at them, and are able to talk the other person out of shooting them.

Comment

Reality NFL 2008

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh. I get it now.

Comment

Reality NFL 2008

No, no, no. Unfortunately ESPN pulled all videos, but it was the highlight of Irvin's broadcasting career:

"Are you retarded?"

On September 10th, on Sunday NFL countdown, Tom Jackson asked Michael Irvin "Are you retarded?" when Irvin said something about the Mannings that Jackson disagreed with. Since ESPN is a family network, and the use of the word retard was not politically correct, and could be considered an insult to mentally challenged people, Tom Jackson's comments could be considered highly offensive. Jackson issued a formal apology.

Comment

Reality NFL 2008

So it was as if he was talking like Bob Dole in The Simpsons? "Bob Dole thinks Bob Dole should run for Congressman".

Comment

Reality NFL 2008

In what sense is Michael Irvin still "with" the Dallas Cowboys?

While I agree that it's somewhat offensive to ask, on TV, "are you retarded?" I recall thinking at the time that it was a fair question. I don't know what they were talking about, but I'm sure Jackson was right. I think he's the best ex-player analyst on tv.

Comment

Reality NFL 2008

A more appropriate question would have been- "are you on crack?"

The media has me second guessing this cakewalk to the Super Bowl. Please football gods, please..

Comment

Reality NFL 2008

Kurt Warner's only 37. I'd have made him at least twenty years older. Who's the oldest QB to play in a Superbowl?

Comment

Reality NFL 2008

I'd have to say Jim Plunkett or one of those old geezers on the Skins who only had to make 20 handoffs before throwing a 50-yarder to Art Monk.

Comment

Reality NFL 2008

It was Elway against the Falcons (38.)

Other 37's were:
                        Johnny Unitas - Superbowl 5
                        Rich Gannon - Superbowl 37 (had no idea he was also from U of Delaware...meaning Joe Flacco won't even be the first from there.)
                        Obviously Elway against the Pats. (edit: Pack.)

Jim Plunkett - Superbowl 18
                        Roger Staubach - Superbowl 13
                        Fran Tarkenton - Superbowl 11

Comment

Reality NFL 2008

But that would certainly be an intriguing bet to put down with Ladbrokes: The first 40-Year-Old Superbowl-QB.

Comment

Reality NFL 2008

PHI 27-21 ARI
                            BAL 13-14 PIT

Comment

Reality NFL 2008

The only question is if the Cards can get the turnovers they got against Ryan and Delhomme. I see the University of Fake Degrees as an absolute magical place (Boise State Fiesta Bowl, Giants-Pats, now this,) and there's no reason to think the magic won't continue.

I like McNabb and Warner, and I wish them the best in the Final, whoever wins.

Cards 24:23 Eagles

I'm just hoping it comes to a Raven getting tackled at the 1-inch line and getting it called a TD.

Ravens 10:8 Steelers

Comment

Reality NFL 2008

Cardinals 10 - Eagles - 16
                                Ravens 19 - Steelers - 21

Comment

Reality NFL 2008

Cardinals 13 - Eagles - 27
                                  Ravens 23 - Steelers - 13

Comment

Reality NFL 2008

Comfortable win for Philly.

Squeaker for the 'Burgh.

Comment

Reality NFL 2008

I'm not saying who I want to win or even who I think will win. I don't want to jinx anyone.

But I will give you a clue: It's going to be a battle of the birds.

Comment

Reality NFL 2008

This is why I never bet on sports!

Comment

Reality NFL 2008

I said last week that Arizona would win. Why on earth did I pick against them?

Comment

Reality NFL 2008

Always go with the old fart. It's like a cardinal rule.

Comment

Reality NFL 2008

Arf.

Comment

Reality NFL 2008

Wonderful piece of parochialism from the Herald Sun website:

BEN Graham's Arizona Cardinals lead 24-6 at halftime in the NFL showdown with Sav Rocca's Philadelphia Eagles.

Comment

Reality NFL 2008

don't worry Philly haters, this "comeback" is a mirage only to get our (Eagle fan) hopes up.. The inevitable disappointment is coming soon.. I've seen this act too many times.

Comment

Reality NFL 2008

I see what you mean, Kev. Two minutes to go and McNabb can't connect with anyone.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X