Reality NFL 2008

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reality NFL 2008

San Diego was probably better off with Sproules anyway.

Comment

Reality NFL 2008

Reed of the Valley People wrote:
      San Diego was probably better off with Sproules anyway.
      Yeah, but with both it's a hell of a tag team.

28-17 now.

I don't get that, though: with less than 10mins left in the 4th and 18 points down, why not go for the 2-pointer, leaving you only a TD and a FG to draw level, rather than 2 TDs to win it outright?

You could go for an onside kick too.

Comment

Reality NFL 2008

JV,

I understand what you're saying, but you still have the 2008 Super Bowl Championship and the upset over the previously undefeated Patriots (and the Helmet Catch and Plax's TD). That's never going away. The Eagles have a divisional playoff win and an entry into their 5th NFC championship game in 8 seasons. I'd trade 4 of those for one Super Bowl win in a heartbeat.

Comment

Reality NFL 2008

I don't get that, though: with less than 10mins left in the 4th and 18 points down, why not go for the 2-pointer, leaving you only a TD and a FG to draw level, rather than 2 TDs to win it outright?

You could go for an onside kick too.
          With that much time left, it's better to take the 95% (or whatever it is) chance at 1 than the 40% (or thereabouts) chance for 2.

The onside kick isn't sensible at that point. San Diego is going to have to make a few defensive stops regardless. Giving the Steelers good field position would be worse than kicking it away and making them move it down the field.

Well, Parker just scored so it's academic.

Comment

Reality NFL 2008

I'll be watching my DVD of Superbowl XXXIX.

Comment

Reality NFL 2008

I can't believe that the Cardinals are going to be in the Super Bowl.

Oh, I know they still have to play the Eagles. But they're the Team of Destiny this year. The Online Diploma Mill Stadium is going to be rocking with tens of thousands of Arizonans that previously never cared about the Cardinals--and if the Rays taught us anything in the baseball postseason last year, it's that bandwagon fans are a powerful force.

Comment

Reality NFL 2008

Inca,

The comparison of the Cardinals to the Rays made this Phillies/Eagles fan almost optimistic (if optimism was a trait that a Philly fan was constitutionally capable of having).

Comment

Reality NFL 2008

Except in this case, the Eagles are the Red Sox (without the championships).

Comment

Reality NFL 2008

Nah, this will be the last time that the Cards' will be in front of their bandwagon fans, so it's like the World Series when the home field advantage finally lost its mojo. . . or something. This analogy has now officially confused me.

Comment

Reality NFL 2008

Glad I'm not the only one.

Comment

Reality NFL 2008

Comment

Reality NFL 2008

No see, this entire year I had no job, but everytime I thought of that pass floating to Plax it literally put a smile on my face. Then we were going to lose the house, but that pass was still floating to Plax. And my daughter was born and we had no money, but that pass was still in the air. Then I got a job and had to move to New Orleans and sell the house in my family, but Plax caught that pass and all of my friends were watching it on a big screen and my wife was pregnant with the baby and we all screamed and danced and sang "Dream On" by Aerosmith and a shitload of other classic rock favorites because one dude was really good on the piano, and when I got down here people all nodded their head that Eli grew up in their city and it was a win for them as well.

So yes, that win was a big part of me this past year, "worrisome" or not. I'm just telling the truth. Sports do that sometimes.

Comment

Reality NFL 2008

And plus, if I don't show the Philly Phans what a kick in the nuts this was (and it was, as I was already thinking about the Threepeat,) then what kind of person am I really ?

Comment

Reality NFL 2008

Dynamo Kev wrote:
                              http://www.channelsurfing.net/
                              Many many thanks for that, DK - managed to watch almost the entire Eagles-Giants game. Fantastic - what tension!

Comment

Reality NFL 2008

Thank you JV, I'll be sure to return the favor next year.

Comment

Reality NFL 2008

After all that, it's too bad Plax turned out to be such a dumbass.

Comment

Reality NFL 2008

Whoever wins at Heinz Field will be a very, very, very strong favourite for the SB - I'm trying to imagine Warner or McNabb throwing a touchdown pass in Tampa, but every time I do the image is quickly replaced by them being mown down by James Harrison / Ray Lewis / Terrell Suggs / Lamarr Woodley.

Comment

Reality NFL 2008

I understand, and they are both excellent defenses, but we beat the piss out of the Steelers in week 3.. the Ravens on the other hand..

But then again, can you see a rookie QB withstanding the pressure of a Super Bowl- granted they he may only have to score 10 points to win..

Comment

Reality NFL 2008

Exactly, DK. The Eagles/Steelers regular season game was a complete debacle for the Steelers (the score is in no way indicative of the level of the beatdown), so I think the Eagles would be able to stay on the field with the Steelers if both teams made it to the Super Bowl. Then again, past performance is no guarantee of future success, and the Steelers are very well put together to stop the Eagles offense in the injured Westbrook era (the poor guy can't be at more than 60%).

Comment

Reality NFL 2008

Whatever the outcome of the Eagles-Cardinals game, there will be an Australian in the Super Bowl for the first time - either Ben Graham or Sav Rocca.

Unless Graham gets sacked again, of course. I've lost track of his movements in the last few months.

Comment

Reality NFL 2008

I think using former AFL players as punters should be a requirement (yes, they are both still playing). I am so sick of watching place kickers get hurt when attempting to make a tackle. It's nice to see a player kick the ball and make a hit..

When ESPN was starting out (25-30 years ago) they would have AFL matches all the time. It was great fun to watch and I think it could have caught on (even more so), especially with the younger audience. Shame they didn't stick with it long term.

Comment

Reality NFL 2008

I've talked extensively in the past about the early ESPN years (NASCAR, Aussie Rules, F1....NASL once a month, and that's it.) Seeing the Carlton Blues win both years that it was on each week, of course made a front-running Cosmos fan like myself a Blues Supporter.

However, the game that had such an impact on my psyche must've had an impact on the people that started this nation-wide league.

Comment

Reality NFL 2008

Michael Irvin was waiting at a stop light in his car in Dallas when the guy next to him motioned to roll his window down. Irvin did, and the guy pointed a gun at him. Irvin finishes the rest of the story in the Best Quote Ever:

“The passenger pulled out a semiautomatic and I knew what time it was,” Irvin said. “But he said ‘Oh, that’s Michael Irvin, with the Dallas Cowboys.’” Despite being scared, Irvin said he tried to keep the conversation going. “So we started talking about the Cowboys and everything,” he said. “Then they got back on the highway.” “I tell you what, I’m glad he was a Cowboy fan,” Irvin said.
                                                I wish people actually said things like "Oh, that’s Michael Irvin, with the Dallas Cowboys."

Comment

Reality NFL 2008

Are you retarded ?

Comment

Reality NFL 2008

I'm confused!

Comment

Working...
                                                    X