Reality NFL 2008

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reality NFL 2008

I'm not having any luck, Clive. I'm sorry.

Comment

Reality NFL 2008

http://www.channelsurfing.net/

JV, this game tomorrow is looking more and more important..

Comment

Reality NFL 2008

You're not missing anything. Carolina is shitting the bed in a big way. They were heavily favored in this game coming in and started off well, but since then Delhomme has played abominably and the Cardinals are winning 30-7 late in the third quarter. Shocking.

Comment

Reality NFL 2008

Thanks loads for that, Kev.

I've just tuned in and I couldn't quite believe the score. 4 interceptions from Delhomme too. Wow!

Comment

Reality NFL 2008

Well, I've never been so happy to be wrong in my life. It's funny, Torcida's thread about the Detroit Silver Stretch in '91-92, and how they absolutely dismantled Dallass in the divisional before getting hailed by the Redskins...this Arizona team has that written all over them when they play the Giants.

I simply can't believe that Cardinals team is doing this to that Panthers team. I mean the Panthers team that was steamrolling everybody and missed a field goal to get homefield advantage through the playoffs. And the Cardinals team who can only play at home.

The South is dead this year, after dominating the whole season. And the "worst divisions," the AFC West and NFC West, now have one team in the championship and another playing to go tomorrow. Crazy stuff.

I would still give the edge to Pittsburgh over the Ravens, but San Diego and Arizona may end up hosting if the Iggles and Chargers win. Real crazy stuff.

Comment

Reality NFL 2008

http://atdhe.net/
              www.ustream.tv

and channelsurfing.net are all pretty good.

Comment

Reality NFL 2008

Forget that I said I want Miami to win the SB. I just remembered that I have a reason to want the Titans to win it this year.

So, go Titans!

Comment

Reality NFL 2008

Femme Folle wrote:
                  Forget that I said I want Miami to win the SB. I just remembered that I have a reason to want the Titans to win it this year.

So, go Titans!
                  Oops.

Comment

Reality NFL 2008

Jesus, when did they play? Yesterday? I've been busy trying to get my place cleaned up this weekend. Ah well, that's disappointed nephew number 3.

I can't believe I missed that.

So, um, go Giants!

Comment

Reality NFL 2008

No thanks, FF, the Jints don't need that kind of whammy bad moon mojo in this 10-8 struggle !

It is quite the tensus in this game. My heart hasn't pounded like this since the Super Bowl. Great game.

Comment

Reality NFL 2008

My hierarchy goes like this:

Pats (because they're the best)
                        Saints (because they're my home team)
                        Titans (because my Nashville nephew #2 likes them)
                        Giants (geography)

As you can see, the Jets aren't even on the list, even though NJ nephew #1 supports them. There are some lines even a loving auntie will not cross.

Comment

Reality NFL 2008

Saints
                          Raiders
                          Packers
                          Steelers
                          Chiefs
                          Eagles

Numbers 4 and 6 still in it.

Comment

Reality NFL 2008

My heart hasn't been ripped out like this since the 1989 run-to-the-tunnel against the Rams. Horrible game.

Comment

Reality NFL 2008

Alas, it ends.

Congrats, D-Kev, coffy, and JTS.

Osi's knee, Strahan's body, and Plax's brain were too much to overcome - much less going against this zombie undead cockroach team that did the backstroke back across the River Styx .

However, we all know how this is going to end.

"At least we kept the Giants for repeating."

"At least we made it to the championship after our season seemed over."

"At least we made it to the Super Bowl after our season seemed over."

"Isn't it ironic that McNabb's run started with a loss in the championship to Warner, and it ended with a loss to Warner ?"

"Isn't it ironic that the Ravens beat the Giants in Tampa, and beat the Eagles in Tampa ?"

"Isn't it ironic that McNabb puked again in the huddle ?"

Comment

Reality NFL 2008

OMG!!!1!!1

Comment

Reality NFL 2008

I'm glad I didn't gamble on the playoffs.
                                  But right now, if I had to pick, I'd say the Ravens will be your 2009 Super Bowl Champions.

Go Steelers!!!

Comment

Reality NFL 2008

Congrats to the Eagles fans.

I'll refrain from cheering for them, since it seems to be the kiss of death.

Comment

Reality NFL 2008

This is so nice, I almost wish I still worked in Trenton..
                                      If the Eagles and Raven make it to the Super Bowl, my little town of Audubon (home of Joe Flacco) will explode.
                                      If the Chargers win today (and they just went up 7) they'll be the favorite out of the four.

Comment

Reality NFL 2008

Boy, you must really, really be happy to want to be in Trenton.

My special ed class has been making picks throughout the playoffs (uh...it's a lesson that has to do with...geography...yeah that's it, that's the ticket.)

The one 7th grader who's on a preschool level (the others are on a 2nd or 3rd grade level) picked Arizona, Baltimore, Philly, and San Diego.

That's all you need to know about '08-'09.

Comment

Reality NFL 2008

It doesn't really get any more satisfying than beating the Giants in the Meadowlands to get to the NFC Championship Game (ok, beating the Cowboys at home to the get to the '80 Super Bowl was probably more satisfying, but this was close).

JV's dead right with his list of quotes about how it's likely to end (though I'd prefer the ones where it ends in the Super Bowl rather than in Arizona), and, to be honest, there's nothing wrong with any of those for a team that now has another week of hope after Miracle Max (or Miracle Choking Tampa Bay) helped bring them back from being mostly dead.

By the way, ferret-faced Coughlin has got to be the whinging-est coach I've ever seen in the NFL.

Comment

Reality NFL 2008

Gyuri, I knew I forgot someone. Congrats.

I feel like one of my cats died. My entire identity during this past year was being a fan of the World Champion. I don't know what to do now. I feel naked. I feel like my head is spinning. I don't know where to go, or what to do. It's like the Ray Handley era all over again.

Comment

Reality NFL 2008

My entire identity during this past year was being a fan of the World Champion.
                                              That's worrisome.

Everything is going the Steelers' way now. Well, not everything, they just got stuffed on the goal line.

Philip Rivers seems like he's probably kind of a douche. Just sayin.

Comment

Reality NFL 2008

No-one got anything to say about Pittsburgh - San Diego? Pitt just held SD to 1 play as opposed to their 22-odd in the third. However, somehow SD just held them at inches from the goal line on a 4th-&-goal.

Still 21-10 in favour of Pitt, though.

Comment

Reality NFL 2008

JV - A Patriots fan writes: Get over it. Life goes on. There's always next season. Etc. Etc. Etc.

Comment

Reality NFL 2008

28-10 to Pitt, in the 4th.

That should be enough now.

Shame that LT was injured - I was looking forward to a real slogging match and a closer game than this. SD have made some slack plays on D, though: a personal foul (throwing a receiver out of bounds at the end of a play); a pass interference in the end zone - and that's just in the 15 minutes since I tuned in!

Comment

Working...
                                                    X