Reality NFL 2008

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reality NFL 2008

I just remembered another one, sort of. Johns Hopkins, which is a very well regarded university but only competes at the Division I level in lacrosse, wears light blue and black. Is that close enough?

Comment

Reality NFL 2008

PLAXICO BURRESS IS AN IDIOT: OFFICIAL That's what the headline would have read if I had written it.

Comment

Reality NFL 2008

No, FF.

I mean Yes, FF.

I mean No, was not at the Dome. Was in Jersey. But watched on ESPN with my father-in-law. Just got back to Algiers.

And Yes, that would be a headline in a multi-way tie along with "Plax is a Shithead" "Plax is a Shit-For-Brains" "Plax is a Shit-For-Brained Imbecile With Shit Inside Of his Shitheaded Shithead" "Plax is Dumb" "Plax is Stupid" "Plax is Really Fucking Stupid...I mean REALLY Stupid" amongst others.

Jints beat the Skins, the Saints are about as close to being out of the playoffs as it gets without officially being out of the playoffs, and la di da.

Comment

Reality NFL 2008

jason voorhees wrote:
          Jints beat the Skins, the Saints are about as close to being out of the playoffs as it gets without officially being out of the playoffs, and la di da.
          You'll get used to the disappointment after a couple of seasons.

Comment

Reality NFL 2008

The Redskins are an interesting case. In the past they've been mediocre by sandwiching some some ridiculously overpriced busts and a handful of guys who simply aren't very good at football in between some very talented players who the coaches don't know how to use.

But this team is more thoroughly mediocre than any other I can recall. Jason Campbell isn't bad, but he's not great. He makes a lot of good plays but fails to make them in the red zone in particular, which is understandable because it's more difficult. Clinton Portis is good, but limited by a good but not great offensive line. Santana Moss is pretty good, but not spectacular, on down the line. I don't think there are any hall of famers or even definite pro bowlers on the team, but then there really isn't anyone that makes you think "Good lord, surely they can find somebody better than that to play that position." The team seems to have a good attitude. New coach Jim Zorn isn't doing anything obviously wrong, and he seems like a very honest and quality guy, but he hasn't found a way to score points either.

It's just a big fat "meh" of a football team.

Comment

Reality NFL 2008

See ? This is why I'll always love the Giants.

They'll put up with a lot of shit, but not too much. They'll pay you a lot of shit, but only if you get a lot of shit done. But shoot yourself in the leg in a club when you're nursing a hamstring injury ? Fuck off and get the fuck out of our organization - even if you caught the game-winning Super Bowl pass.

Put it this way, LT did a lot of coke, banged a lot of hookers...but he was sure to send his coke hookup and hooker friends to opposing players hotel rooms the night before a game. That's the Giant Way. If LT had a gun, he would've shot himself in the leg and would've given it to another lineman from another team that he was taking out on the town.

So Plax is suspended for the year, unpaid. Who knows if he'll play another game for Big Blue again. If you're that stupid and can't be assed to even get fucked up or have fun like most players, then get the fuck outta town. Go see Jerry Jones and Al Davis.

Comment

Reality NFL 2008

Suspension without pay is the least of his worries. There is a mandatory 3.5 year minimum jail term for carrying a weapon in NYC without a permit (I think).

But it wouldn't surprise me if he got probation or house arrest or some bullshit like that.

Did you hear about the Brooklyn bus driver who was fatally stabbed because he wouldn't give a guy a transfer? Just the thought that people are carrying weapons, whether it's Plax with a gun in a nightclub, or some lunatic on the bus...it's fucking scary. It really makes you realize that it could happen to any of us at any time. Just being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Plaxico probably could have obtained a permit; the fact that he didn't have one is just stupid.

Comment

Reality NFL 2008

Bill Simmons on the Bills-Dolphins game in Toronto this Sunday:

"They're playing this game in Toronto's SkyDome, which seems like a huge advantage for the warm-weather Fins until you remember the Toronto fans will be going bonkers during this game. It's going to be like watching a never-married, semi-attractive cougar throwing herself at someone else's husband at a work party for three solid hours, only without watching them culminate things by knocking boots under his desk at 3 a.m. Advantage, Bills."

Comment

Reality NFL 2008

Can someone explain to me how that analogy is relevant? I'll set aside the fact that it really isn't that funny...

Comment

Reality NFL 2008

In this analogy, the fans of Toronto is the hot woman and the Bills are somebody else's (namely Buffalo) husband.

There's a lot of talk that it's just a matter of time before the Bills make Toronto their permanent home.

Comment

Reality NFL 2008

You probably read this, Reed: some Bills fan in the Atlantic a few months back raised the possibility of the Bills splitting the season between Buffalo and Toronto, as a way of bringing in more money for the team, while still having a Buffalo identity.

Comment

Reality NFL 2008

Yes, I read that I thought it was fairly persuasive, but I also think there's a better than zero chance that they'll just move to Toronto.

The cities aren't too far apart. Maybe they can just build a new stadium in between, like on a big barge in the middle of the lake.

Comment

Reality NFL 2008

So much for that "end of an era" with the Eagles. This is the terrifying nightmare factory that has terrorized the NFC for the past 10 years that I know and hate.

Comment

Reality NFL 2008

Well, it's positive chaos at the top of the AFC East with the Jets losing and Pats and Fins winning.

All 8-5 in a 3-way tie for 1st. The Bills are obviously in bad shape at 6-7, but they'll have another shot at all 3 in the division.

In the NFC East, with the Jints and Bozos losing and Iggles winning; if the Skins win, you'll have the Boys and Skins at 8-5 and the Iggles at 7-5-1 due to a previously unknown rule called a tie in overtime. The Giants are your 2008 NFC East Champions courtesy of Romo's great pass to a Steelers linebacker who returned it for the game-winner in Pittsburgh today.

Who does Dallas play in their last game of the season ? Philly.

The Skins are playing Baltimore in 10 minutes. I don't know if it's the first time these two have played, but it's the first time with both having winning records and in playoff contention.

The Saints beat the Falcons, so Nawlins is 7-6 while the Falcons are 8-5. Carolina and the Bucs are 9-3. The Saints have to hope the Bucs will win on Monday against the Panthers, then the Panthers will have to travel to play the Giants and the Saints in the Dome. They also have to hope the Bucs will beat the Falcons next week. Not the easiest road, but they're still Who-Dattin.

Comment

Reality NFL 2008

jason voorhees, where are your boys, WHERE ARE YOUR BOYS?

Comment

Reality NFL 2008

Underneath the Westbrook Express.

Eagles make the playoffs, they'll be real dangerous. Probably the only team in the NFC that can win in Giants Stadium in December.

Granted, the Giants have been playing nothing but heavy-hitters for the past 5-6 weeks, so a bad day was in the cards.

But if they can't put the lax of Plax behind them quick, and they start believing that they need him, they'll be in real trouble. Then McNabb and Westbrook and Reid staring death of their reign in the eyes and coming out on the other side ? That's trouble. They have no pressure on them and no fear.

Like the Giants going 3-5 at home and winning 11 straight on the road last year, they need to be away from their overbearing hen-pecking fans.

Comment

Reality NFL 2008

This Bucs-Panthers is a real humdinger.

Two 9-3 teams tied for 1st in the Dirty South.

The games includes a Palomalu-like juggling-ball-1-inch-off-the-ground interception by the Bucs.

17-10 Panthers in the 3rd.

Make that 17-17.

Make that 31-17 Panthers. They look f'n dangerous. This is shaping up as a helluva playoffs in the NFC.

Comment

Reality NFL 2008

jason voorhees wrote:
                                      The Giants are your 2008 NFC East Champions courtesy of Romo's great pass to a Steelers linebacker who returned it for the game-winner in Pittsburgh today.
                                      Cornerback, not linebacker (#26 DeShea Townsend).

GO STEELERS!

Comment

Reality NFL 2008

I don't care if it was the waterboy, as long as it led to the CowB's bitching at each other, pointing fingers, shaking their heads, and TO giving a solemn speech about turnovers - when he knew damn well that Toromo threw all 3 of them.

But a special thanks to Mr. Townsend, and I absolutely stand corrected.

Anyway, Part II of...

Who would've guessed that today it would've been snowing in New Orleans and sunny in Chi-town. I wonder if the Preselect is going to make an appearance.

Comment

Reality NFL 2008

An' if he does, we'll be all like WHO DAT???

Comment

Reality NFL 2008

I think finishing what Katrina started would entail having the storm go all the way up the Mississippi to Shicahgo.

Comment

Reality NFL 2008

Good game, but after an improbable comeback from 21-7, the Saints blew it in the end in OT, 27-24.

Even more improbable are their playoff chances.

I was mistaken, both teams played in Chi-town last year.

Comment

Reality NFL 2008

Playoff contenders after week 12

AFC EAST
                                                Jets 9-5
                                                Favre and the Jets escape another embarrassing defeat, and somehow come up with a fumble with less than 2 minutes to go when they sack JP Losman of Beefalo. They are in 1st place in the East, and control their own destiny.

Fin 9-5
                                                The Fins win, and are also tied for a wildcard spot.

Pats 9-5
                                                They destroy Oaktown, and also control their own destiny.

AFC SOUTH
                                                Titans 12-2
                                                They lose to Houston, and suddenly can lose homefield advantage if they lose to the Steelers next week.

Colts 10-4
                                                All of a sudden, they're first place in the wildcard race after beating 0-14 Lions.

AFC CENTRAL
                                                Steelers 11-3/Ravens 9-5
                                                Hardhitting game in Baltimore, that came to an incredibly close and controversial call that led to a game-winning TD for the Steelers. This led to a division win for the Steelers, and a potential homefield advantage through the playoffs if they can win in Tennessee.

AFC WEST
                                                Uh, they all suck. The Broncos are 8-6 after getting they asses mopped by Carolina, yet can lose if they lose their next two games and the Chargers (6-8) can win their next two. They play each other the final game of the season.

Comment

Reality NFL 2008

NFC NORTH
                                                  Minnesota 9-5
                                                  They crush Arizona in Arizona, and can clinch the division with a win or Chi-town loss next week. Where the hell did the Vikes come from ?

Chicago 8-6
                                                  Beat the Saints.

NFC SOUTH
                                                  Carolina 11-3
                                                  Destroyed the Broncos, and can suddenly get homefield advantage through the playoffs if they beat the suddenly beatable Giants next week (even if the Jints end up winning their game against the Boys, of which they're down 7-3 at the half and looking like absolute shit.)

Bucs 9-5/Falcons 9-5
                                                  Atlanta beats the Bucs in OT, but the Bucs have the tiebreakers with a better conference record. The Saints needed the Bucs to beat the Panthers last week and the Falcons this week. Of course they lost them both, and the Saints aints in the playoffs.

NFC WEST
                                                  Arizona 8-6. But they're suddenly looking like absolute shit.

NFC EAST
                                                  I'm going to bed soon, so I won't see what happens with the second half of Cowboys-Giants.

The Giants are already the division champ, and have a homegame in the playoffs. Win or lose, it all comes down to the game against Carolina next week for homefield advantage (and Eli just got picked to start the 3rd quarter.)

The Redskins are probably done after their loss to the Bengals, which leaves Eagles-Cowboys fighting for the wildcard spot. A Dallas win will put the Eagles a game and a half out, which will leave the destiny in Dallas' grimy hands.

Comment

Reality NFL 2008

To me, Carolina looks like the best team in the NFC now.

It would be a real shame if Baltimore doesn't make the playoffs.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X