X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Isles.are all in (as they should be)

https://twitter.com/HockeyDaily365/status/1379946457910767616

Comment

The Canucks are supposed to play hockey tomorrow. Quite rightly, J.T. Miller isn't happy about it:

“To expect pretty much our entire team to be ready to play after a practice and a pregame skate is a little bit hard to comprehend. For guys coming off of three weeks of rest, two weeks of having COVID, one practice isn't even close to near enough time to come back and perform at a high level.

It's not even about being able to perform, it's nothing to do with hockey at this point. Brutally honestly, I think that we're gonna need more time than this to come back and play hockey. Even the guys that didn't get it, we're not ready to play.

This is hard for me and guys that haven't been affected by COVID. I cannot imagine guys that have had it and guys that are struggling to breathe getting up and down steps to try to come back and perform. I'm worried about our team's safety.

Forcing us to play 19 in 30 or 31 days and think about the playoffs when guys are still recovering from this and are expected to be ready to play, it's frustrating,” said Miller. “This is a very extreme scenario and it's dangerous to a lot of our players, so I want to make sure that our priority is in the right spot.

I hope that people won't take this the wrong way because I'm a very competitive guy. This doesn't have to do with hockey right now for our team...It's about the health and safety of our players and our players' families and their children. This isn't about making the playoffs for us at this point.”

Hockey players are normally a conforming bunch who don't make waves. Miller's forthrightness is much needed, but will almost certainly be ignored by the NHL.

Comment

https://twitter.com/passittobulis/status/1382776636278415360

Comment

Still not doable, IMHO.

Comment

Brandon Holtby literally stands on his head and the Nux beat Toronto in overtime

Hockey, bloody hell

https://twitter.com/HeresYourReplay/status/1383953008019480580

Comment

Leafs win just their second division title since 1938

Comment

With a massive asterisk I'd hope.

Comment

Nux miss out on playoffs (surprise!) They now have to play seven games in ten nights. This league is beyond a joke

Comment

Can't they just write it off?

Comment

Dunno, there'd be legal ramifications I'd think. They're using games to blood youngsters to some degree, and play with formations. Training games essentially.

Comment

The opening games of the playoffs have featured predictably ridiculous plays. There were two saves last night in the Avs/Blues game that made me gasp.

Comment

Disappointed this thread has not become a Jets stan thread yet.

So, so many 80s demons slain last night.

Comment

I thought that it was highly amusing that for a short while it looked like we were going to end up with Winnipeg - Montreal second round instead of the expected Toronto - Edmonton matchup.

I thought that the Oilers were a bit unlucky to run into Connor Hellebuyck in brilliant form, but they are such a massively unbalanced team.

Tampa Bay / Florida has been an absolute classic so far.

Comment

Originally posted by Anton Gramscescu View Post
                              Disappointed this thread has not become a Jets stan thread yet.

You're right. Big congrats to the Jets. Though the producers of HNIC etc., will be disappointed. I'm sure they were already several boxes of Kleenex into anticipating the ratings of a Jesus McDavid versus Austen Powers division final. My heart pumps custard for them.

Comment

Nurse was on the ice for over 60 minutes last night (third most icetime in NHL history, a few minutes off Seth Jones' record from last season), after having put up close to 35 minutes the night before.

That is completely ridiculous given the current pace of the game.

Comment

OTF throwdown in the Eastern final as the Isles advance to face the Bruins.

Should be an excellent series.

Comment

Robert Morris is cutting both its D1 hockey programs.

Comment

Originally posted by Amor de Cosmos View Post
                                      You're right. Big congrats to the Jets. Though the producers of HNIC etc., will be disappointed. I'm sure they were already several boxes of Kleenex into anticipating the ratings of a Jesus McDavid versus Austen Powers division final. My heart pumps custard for them.
                                      Had a couple of zoom calls with folks in Winnipeg today. Everyone is girding themselves for the same but 10x worse when the Jets face the Leafs,

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
                                        Nurse was on the ice for over 60 minutes last night (third most icetime in NHL history, a few minutes off Seth Jones' record from last season), after having put up close to 35 minutes the night before.

That is completely ridiculous given the current pace of the game.
                                        Oilers essentially played the entire whatever it was - 49 minutes of overtime - with just 4 defencemen. There was only going to be one ending to that story.

Comment

They are a deeply stupid organisation

Tampa eliminated the Cats tonight

Comment

Originally posted by Hot Pepsi View Post
                                            Robert Morris is cutting both its D1 hockey programs.
                                            That's too bad. There is enough talent in the area for a non-Big Ten programme to survive, though it is always a challenge for those schools to put together a schedule

Comment

They didn’t have a big schedule issue because, unlike Huntsville and the Alaska schools, for example, both teams were in established leagues.

They just don’t want to spend the money on it. They’re not in financially great shape as an institution, I think. I suspect they may be trying to sell the sports complex that has the rink. It’s more of a community rink rather than an arena, as I understand it.

If the idea was to get Pittsburgh excited about college hockey and thereby build RMU’s brand recognition, I don’t think they really did that.

They’re going to still have a football team somehow, but they play in that gray area between D1 and D2. Technically they are in FCS but don’t offer the full allotment of scholarships.

Comment

Always struck me as a strange school

Minnesota take Vegas to a Game Seven back in the desert, with the Golden Knightsfacjg the spectre of blowing a 3-1 lead for the second season in succession

Comment

Carolina win in overtime to advance to face Tampa Bay
                                                  Montreal do the same to get a Game Six at home in front of a limited crowd against the Leafs. it will be the first game played in front of fans in Canada since the start of the pandemic.

Comment

It'll be interesting to see if the Habs get that bump from having fans in the building again. As you would know, baseball has been much more enjoyable this year with fans in the building.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X