Alternative "triathlons"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alternative "triathlons"

What a load of cobblers that is. Swimming, cycling, then running. And it comes down to a sprint finish in the run. I can't imagine a military situation, even involving Bond, where he'd have to swim across a river, then leap straight onto a pushbike. Or then not just carry on on the damned thing, instead of chucking it into a ditch and having to jog the last 6 miles. Puncture? Q would have sorted that out.

I think there should be more "triathlon" events in the Olympics.

How about running a mile, then having to shoot three traffic warden sized- targets with a crossbow, before driving a car into the last "mother and baby" space at ASDA?

Alternative "triathlons"

hmmm, a few valid points. as somebody who started doing triathlons last year, I thoroughly recommend them, its certainly an expensive hobby.

did my first olympic tri this year at windsor. its much easier than a marathon

I stayed up to watch it last night out of solidarity. the main thing you are right on at the top end is the way in swimming and bike nobody really goes for it as they all seem to be good runners. so the end result is a 10k full of knackered runners. not quite the experience i go through, where swimming is my best discipline and running my worst.

also, looking at last night, I see more 'bike bling' at an average event at dorney lake

Comment

Alternative "triathlons"

A better bond one would be:
      skydiving
      swimming
      vehicle-commandeering-and-high-speed-pursuit

Comment

Alternative "triathlons"

Reed of the Valley People wrote:
        A better bond one would be:
        skydiving
        swimming
        vehicle-commandeering-and-high-speed-pursuit
        The competitors should also be deducted points for how damaged their box of Milk Tray is, upon delivery to the bedroom on the judge's yacht.

Comment

Alternative "triathlons"

Beers, wines, then spirits.

Comment

Alternative "triathlons"

JtS wrote:
            Beers, wines, then spirits.
            "one hundred and forty milligrams!"

Comment

Working...
            X