Is this the ultimate sporting prodigy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Her opening partner lasted 10 balls before she was run out. None lasted longer (in terms of balls faced)

Comment

By about the third duck, she'd have got the message and being hogging the strike. The later batters could have survived about 6 balls and still shared a big partnership.

Comment

Amelia Kerr is now opening the batting for her district team, as well as bowling her full complement of leg spin overs. I don't know much about New Zealand. She's probably Foreign Secretary or reading the nightly news as well.

Comment

She's just got Lanning and Viliaini in successive balls at the World Cup. She's a 16 year old veteran now.

Comment

Indeed. The ICC website has a couple of her scalps up.

She does indeed bowl a leg break. Bowled round the legs:

https://www.icc-cricket.com/champion...y/video/435506

Still bowls the wrong un, too:

https://www.icc-cricket.com/womens-w...p/video/425694

Comment

I love this thread.

Comment

Am I imagining this, or does Amelia toss this one up a bit more than normal? Player of the tournament, Tammy Beaumont, holes out for 93.

https://www.icc-cricket.com/womens-w...p/video/437300

Comment

Amelia Kerr is now the proud possessor of a NZ central contract.

In case she gets bored with leg spin, Wellington district have promoted her to open the batting as well.

Women's district teams play a rather neat format. 3 games in 3 days v the same opponents, a D/N T20 on the Friday and a mini-series of 2 50 overs games on Sat and Sun. I like that.

Comment

Amelia Kerr update. Wellington skipper, veteran at 23.

I've just watched a T20 game, her opponents (Central Districts) had to knock off a low score, cruising comfortably, she brings herself on to bowl, wickets tumble, ends in a tie. It feels wrong that she's only allowed 4 overs. Like restricting Messi to 20 minutes.

On our local TV they sometimes have players on the mic while fielding, which offends the traditionalist in me, but it was fun to hear Kerr barking orders to the fielders. Definitely in charge.

One of her bowlers did a double cartwheel after a dismissal.

Comment

The Spark coverage of those matches is streamed in the US on ESPN+

Comment

Working...
                      X