Comment

Nothing to see here.

Comment

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-australia-56607790

Comment

What, in that little canoe?
          10/10 for chutzpah, the cheeky bastard.

Comment

Can I get a... baggaley of coke please mate?

I know, but it did make my wife laugh, and she's Finnish.

Comment

https://twitter.com/sportingintel/status/1378462727962759169

Comment

If you’re going to do it, go the whole hog:
                Vahe Aivazian accepts four-year suspension after caught with anabolic agents, growth hormones and other prohibited substances

Comment

https://twitter.com/ChrisChavez/status/1404581261751074820

Comment

Man, high level athletes really should consider going veggie or vegan

Comment

She's going down the Trump route of implausibility plus racism:

“We concluded that the most likely explanation was a burrito purchased and consumed approximately 10 hours before that drug test from an authentic Mexican food truck that serves pig offal near my house in Beaverton, Oregon,” Houlihan wrote. “I notified the AIU that I believed this was the source.”

She wants you to believe that Mexican pork is dodgy even though she willingly chose to consume it. Since CAS has already thrown this out, you'd think she'd withdraw with some grace.

[Boyfriend: "Shelby, let's disrupt your carefully controlled diet in an Olympic year by buying a burrito from that van."

Shelby: "Mmmm, not sure"

BF: "Oh, go on!"

Shelby: "OK, just this once. I'm sure there will be no testing just before the Olympic trials."]
                      Last edited by Satchmo Distel; 15-06-2021, 09:03.

Comment

Hopefully this will go down in legend as 'the offal defence'

Comment

You are offal but I like your defence.

Comment

Originally posted by Mumpo View Post
                            Hopefully this will go down in legend as 'the offal defence'
                            Don’t talk tripe.

Comment

I love a burrito after an intense workout. Protein from the meat, potassium from the avocado, a little bit of carb from the tortilla. And it's absolutely massive so you end up feeling thoroughly replete. I am sure that sports science is fully on board with my logic.

Comment

ursus shared it on the Cycling thread but I guess it goes here too, for the record:
                                Training files are taken and bus searched, team confirm, as investigation is launched by French authorities

Comment

I've not been following closely for a little while - is Bahrain-Victorious the WT team (the team that was Bahrain-Merida and, going back a bit further, Lampre)?

Comment

Ah no, that's the UAE team isn't it. This one was new?

Comment

Houlihan’s excuse for failing drugs test close to 0% chance.

CAS - “It is rather difficult for an uncastrated pig to ‘slip through’ the multiple checkpoints. In principle, boars can be easily detected because of their big testicles.”

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin S View Post
                                        Ah no, that's the UAE team isn't it. This one was new?
                                        Very late answer, but yes Bahrain Victorious (née Bahrain Merida, ex Bahrain McLaren) is a newish team that joined the World Tour in 2017.

Comment

And are having an outstanding 2021.

Comment

Summary covers allegations that athlete samples were privately screened using a non-WADA-accredited laboratory for a prohibited substance

Comment

Tennis...

Comment

Are darts and snooker the only two sports with no drug cheating at all?

Comment

Originally posted by Gangster Octopus View Post
                                                  Damn, I love her. I have to reconcile my (sadly, unrequited) love with the idea that she is quite possibly a cheat

Comment

Originally posted by Cousin Boneless View Post
                                                    Are darts and snooker the only two sports with no drug cheating at all?
                                                    A couple of darts players have been banned for cocaine use (most famously, former BDO World Champion, Richie Burnett a couple of years back), but not for performance enhancing that I can imagine.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X